1/19 Govie amps 263/ pmps 122/+2 149/+8.25 179

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Govies mom (Karen), Jan 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Govies mom (Karen)

Govies mom (Karen) Well-Known Member

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Just sticking to the yellow zone isn't she?

3. Govies mom (Karen)

And I hate yellow!! Lol
    I'm a quilter and virtually never use yellow...ever!! Lol
    But thanks for lookin in, I am always grateful for another day with her. How is Jones doing? I love the look in His eye in the picture..sooo cute

4. Govies mom (Karen)

Omgggggosh!!! I did it..I shot the 1.5 on a 122 pmps!?!? A little nervous, but I'm not goin anywhere..gonna test in an hour or so

5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Way to go! :):woot:

Govies mom (Karen) likes this.
  6. Govies mom (Karen)

Hey thank you much! I just checked on her. She's curled up in her bed sleeping nicely. I peek at her every 15 min or so

7. Govies mom (Karen)

Wooohooo!!!! Let me enjoy this reading!!!! Everything is crossed!!

8. Govies mom (Karen)

Happy happy happy!

9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Congrats on shooting...sorry I wasn't around - a busy couple of days.

Jones is holding is own, but he has been sneaking some KD kibble from his CKD sister and now is refusing his own food. I had to change her feeder to close quicker. I haven't been able to get him to eat more than half of his calorie intake this week but I am not sure how much he got out of her bowl. His numbers have been high as well!

So, trying to get him to eat something...looking for new food, in the meantime using the KD kibble to help encourage him to eat his own food. IBD nightmare.

10. Govies mom (Karen)

Not sure if this is an option for you, but I tried a suggestion that had been given to me when I couldn't get my civvie to eat after I had taken the dry away. It was to try clam juice or the water drained off of a can of tuna and just pour a little bit out on the top of his food and sure enough that was the ticket! I've since tried the young again zero mature and I am having pretty good luck with that. This is my third month on this as well as still giving them the Fancy Feast 3 to 4 times a day

11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Allergic to tuna but he does love it!

I am in Canada and can't get the YA or the Dr. Elsey or the EVO dry. I so want to have it as an option for him. I am almost tempted to order some and send it to my sister in Houston and then have a co-worker bring it up to me on his monthly visit.

Clam juice? Ewww.

12. Govies mom (Karen)

Yeah I was just going to say it's a shame you can't get someone to order it for you and then ship it to you. I mean I have three cats okay I order the young again zero mature bag 8 lb. It's $54 and it lasts me for one month which is excellent. So for what they say, in that how this food is made and how it's digested and metabolized by the cat, so far it has proven to be true. Because they don't eat as much because it's more satisfying due to the carbs not being there. But yeah the clam juice you can get in your shopping store I'm figuring comes in glass bottle and it's stinky but they like it LOL. As far as my diabetic baby, I never had to worry about her eating anything. I mean I'm saying this jokingly, but she'd be dead three days before she stopped eating! LOL

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  13. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Never thought of using clam juice. He will eat if he is dropping. That KD kibble is the bane of my existence with him. He ate it before the pancreatitis/IBD dx. I have tried to keep it away from him since the FD dx. But CKD civvie, some days that is all she will eat, so I keep it around for her.

I have the KD wet around as well for some HC. He will eat that anytime as well. So if it will kill him he will eat it. Suicidal I am telling you!

I got some Instinct chicken and he seemed to like that. Along with the Whole Farm (Merrick) duck he seemed to like. I picked up some Instict chicken and duck and turkey. See what he thinks of those. Also ordered some 3oz packs of the Stella & Chewy's freeze dried raw all three varieties as well. Was hoping by adding some warm water it might entice him as he likes the freeze dried treats in duck at least.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  14. Govies mom (Karen)

Yeah that's what caused me to go back on the dry. My one civvie wasn't having it after about a month or so after stopping the dry he lost 3 lb pronto. Took him to the vet he had impacted anal glands and the weight loss of course. So I came home and decided I was going to try the young again so far so good. That's how I learned about the clam juice to try and entice him to eat more of the wet but he wanted his dry. Then after having went to the vet for this ordeal with him, they gave him that shot of Covina which I later learned is a 2-week or long-acting antibiotic which is not highly recommended or doesn't have good reviews anyhow. So of course I saw problems with that it took 2 months for him to get over that Covina shot and I prayed that he wouldn't have some of those after effects that some of these cats suffered with. You know you would think the vet would mention that to you and give you the option it's sickening. I do not and never have Takin my cats at any time for these annual shots that they recommend. I do the initial warming and round of shots when their kittens and no more. It's over done and it's so sad it breaks my heart because people think they're doing the right thing and all these fats are doing is making their Pockets full. Did want to mention too, and not to change the subject, but I'm not sure where Alberta Canada is I'd have to look on the map I have travel to Quebec and Mont Tremblant not sure if the microphone spelled that correctly but on snowmobile trips and wow do I love Canada for snowmobiling!

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.