1/19 Osha PMPS 209

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

1/18

Good morning. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Osha is going the wrong direction this morning. :confused: Fortunately she spent some time in the lagoon last night! :cat:

Yesterday was exhausting, but who am I kidding, I have been exhausted since I started this FD dance. The field trip went well and it was cool seeing Amaya's future middle school. The presentations were a bit overwhelming, but I have hope they will guide us through the process. They will be taking the kids there for a tour in February. They only get two electives and foreign language is considered an elective. o_O I really wanted her to stay in band and choir, but I really want her in a foreign language. She said she will for sure stay in band and we will discuss the other elective as we get closer and she talks with the teachers and counselors.

Today is my Friday!!! 3 day work weeks are the best!! Schools are closed tomorrow for inauguration day. (lots of road closures happening around here)

I hope everyone has a good day.

Amanda and Kitty Osha, The Empress

HWright likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice on the green last night. I hope Osha heads back today. Yay for a 3 day week. Sending prayers for your mom.

HWright and Osha like this.
  3. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Gosh, I could have come to the Saturday March and stayed on your couch!!!
    seriously, Osha looks good . what foreign language is she interested in? How is your Mom doing?

4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, that would have been so cool to hang out with you and go to the march!!

She is interested in Spanish. I think that would be a good choice for her. Her school has a high population of ESOL learners that their native language is Spanish.

Mom is doing good. She is going to her first out patient PT appointment today. I can tell she is feeling better because she is doing cleaning around the home during the day and running small errands around town. It's really great to see. Just need to get her full strength back. She still has a little pain, but it is manageable.

HWright, saltycat and carfurby (GA) like this.
  5. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Some other time (I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities)!!
    So happy about your Mom - I'm sure it's a big relief for all concerned
    que tengas un buen día

6. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Absolutely!! :bighug::):bighug:

Carol & Murphy (GA) likes this.
  7. Photorecon

Photorecon Well-Known Member

I find that Osha is adapting herself to her new dose pretty well. That's encouraging results.

As for FD taking juice (not just insulin :)), I totally agree. This sickness is in the major league
    of maintenance requirement. As soon has you have something fixed damage come up next door :blackeye:

So Miss Amanda has a 3 days week :rolleyes: Some are pretty lucky, hope they are enjoying it :):coffee::)

I like this idea of ''field trip''. Going to a military air strip as always been my dream ! Have the
    kids seen airliners or fighters on take off and landing ? I'd like to see if if you have a shot of a
    747 heading your way, must be nice ! An F-22 Raptor would be even better, if you have.

Glad the new school initiation is underway, that's a great step in life. Lucky you there is
    guidance, back in the 80s we jump out of the bus and this was our initiation :)

Enjoy your evening off duty, hope daughter and mother are doing well.

8. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

time to head back to the lagoon Osha... enjoy your three day weekend Amanda!! you earned it after yesterday :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  9. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Enjoy your three-day weekend, Amanda - and, Osha, wouldn't that be the perfect time for a little visit to the lagoon?

...and it just baffles me that foreign languages are considered "electives." In Germany, I had to take English starting in 5th grade all the way through graduation. In addition, you need a second foreign language in 7th grade. At that age, it's so much easier to pick up a language. I really feel for my students who are trying to finally learn a language in college and are struggling.

LizzieInTexas, HWright and Osha like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.