1/19 River (AMPS 310)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Paigeworthy, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Yesterday's thread

I am so frustrated! Seems we were seeing a LOT more blues and even some greens before we put River on all these medications. I guess I know they're necessary, but they're a pain in the ass and I'm sick of all this bouncing around. (Honestly, they may not even be related to the bouncing and wackiness!) Sigh.

Just be cool today, River, okay? Mom's gotta work.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Pardon my not being up to date with River. I didn't see anything about the meds River is taking on your SS. If it's the B12, denamarin, and Cerenia that are in your signature, they shouldn't have an effect on BG. If there's something medical going on, it's helpful to put a note in the Comments section of your SS. (I went back a few days in your condos and thought the photos of your trip were wonderful but didn't see anything about River's meds.)

Looking over River's SS, what I see is that her overall levels are a notch lower -- very few reds in 2019. I'm not sure what you're using at a point for reducing River's dose. It looks like you're following TR so you shouldn't be reducing unless River drops below 50. Last reduction was no where near that number so my guess is that River needs more insulin. Likewise, you should be increasing the dose every 6 cycles/3 days if numbers aren't in normal range.

I'd also encourage you to begin to think in terms of shooting lower numbers. You've shot in the 50s before so unless you weren't going to be able to monitor, I'm not sure why you skipped River's shot on 1/14. Any time you skip a shot or reduce the dose for similar reasons, there's an effect on the depot and your count re. number of cycles for the next increase starts over.

3. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

I really hope River's numbers come down.
    :bighug:

4. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Yeah, these are all conversations that were had in my conversations prior to leaving on my trip. Multiple members of this forum agreed with my inclination to decrease the dose to make it easy for my sister to measure the insulin properly and administer it effectively. There isn't anything acute going on with her health, just the doctor's hunch that she has triaditis with a recommendation that she go on these medications. We started them in late December.

River has seen green in this cycle and continues to bounce around a LOT on this dosage so I don't really feel like I have a solid understanding of where she needs to go from here.

I'm aware of this. I added notes to my spreadsheet per your ask, but as I said above, someone else was caring for my cat and I would never ask her to shoot at 51 and risk a hypo. I'm sick and exhausted and doing the best I can.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I don't think I put together the dates you were traveling. I absolutely agree that dropping a dose for a petsitter and not shooting low makes perfect sense if you're not the person caring for your kitty. FWIW, I would gray out sections of Gabby's SS and note that I was out of town so people looking had a clear sense of what was happening. We all handle that info differently. Sorry to not have caught on to the travel.

That said, with having dropped the dose and you're only being back within a few days, I wouldn't be overly concerned. River's depot needs to catch up.

6. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Paige, compared to where I was at this stage of Murphy's diagnosis, both you and River are doing GREAT!!! Seriously, great. I know it is discouraging and exhausting, but really, you've made stellar progress.
    She's a bouncer - hopefully, that will stop as time goes on. The meds shouldn't raise the glucose - rather, the inflammation from the disease processes (IBD, liver, pancreatitis) can raise it, and the meds hopefully act to decrease it. that's why Murphy is all over the place - I can tell when IBD/pancreatitis is flaring, even a little --his blood sugars go up.
    You are River had made marked progress.

Paigeworthy and Kris & Teasel like this.