1/21 Osha AMPS 82 +4 132 +8 124

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

1/15

Good morning!

Osha is still doing fabulous wearing her green and blue dress! :cool::D I am very happy with her numbers. :cat:

She even managed to stay in blue after she ate crisco yesterday. :eek::facepalm::rolleyes: My students and I made "blubber" mittens made with crisco on Friday for a science experiment based on hibernation. I have no idea why I put mine in my bag instead of the trash. Well, I forgot it was there, and Osha found it and was going to town. My girl really is something else when it comes to any food. :p I completely expected a bg spike from it, but instead she stayed flat in blue.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
    Amanda and Kitty Osha, The Empress

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

lol on the crisco!
    Lovely AMPS Osha but you're going the wrong way at +4!

Osha likes this.
  3. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

7BC6F4F9-0479-4C86-8CBA-AB72A99F5BD0.jpeg
    :cat: about the Crisco! Would Osha feel the same about coconut oil?

Years ago I had a horrible bout of dermatitis. My dermatologist said don’t bother with ointments. After hot bath, blot moist dry and work small amounts of Crisco into the affected areas. It worked!

Have a sunny Sunday, Amanda:bighug:

4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

It's ok. On levemir, she tends to rise early in the cycle and then starts coming down around +7 or so.

Ha! I bet she would feel the same about coconut oil. :facepalm: Oh my goodness....I can only imagine what would happen if I put crisco on myself after the bath. She would be following me around trying to lick me. :D I bet that would make for a funny video. ;)

5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to hear Osha is doing so well. I hope you, your daughter and your mom are doing well too.
    Crisco... what a goof-ball! :cat:

Osha likes this.
  6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

OMG, Crisco !!!!! The empress is quite the little scavenger! Once Bubba got upon my stove and lick cooled bacon drippings.

@HWright , I am going to get some Crisco and try it for my hands that have dermatitis. I will let you know how that goes. Hope that Bubba doesn't try to lick it off!

Osha and HWright like this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Silly Osha. Glad the Crisco didn't make her numbers skyrocket. She is looking good.

Osha likes this.
  8. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Sounds like she's getting regulated. Looking great, OSHA!

Osha likes this.
  9. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Osha girl, you are looking marvelous :D:cat: Just stay away from non-approved FD food products. :smuggrin:

I am battling dry skin (especially my hands) with these cold, dry days we have been having. After researching I purchased some Lanolin. It seems to be helping. It doesn't wash off like regular moisturizer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I1OYNK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HWright and Bobbie And Bubba like this.
  10. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

@Osha, lol!
    @LizzieInTexas, interesting about the lanolin. I can knit with raw wool (that hasn’t been washed to remove the natural lanolin) with no problem but if I use a hand lotion that has processed lanolin or lanolin derivatives, my hands get red and inflamed. I’ve occasionally found unprocessed creme-like lanolin at fiber shows but it’s nice to know that Now makes a pure Lanolin and that it works for you!

@Bobbie And Bubba, hope it helps! When my dermatologist suggested Crisco and, get this: especially that it be plain not butter-flavored ;) I thought he was pulling my leg. But he was quite serious about its old remedy efficacy. I admit that I did an oh what the heck when I first tried it!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.