? 1/22 Silver AMPS 250 PMPS 95 - GREEN! - what do I do if Green AMPS tomorrow??

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Silver. I hope he surfs for you today.

3. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thanks. Except he was in the reds on the Accucheck so he must be bouncing :arghh:

4. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Head for those blues and greens Silver!

Juliet likes this.
  5. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Me too.

Juliet likes this.
  6. Juliet

Juliet Guest

He surfed alright - I have a GREEN. Shot anyways - heading out but I will be back in two hours. I think the shot partly missed - why do I always give a fur shot when he is low. Anyways, just for fun I also took the reading on the Accu-check - 167 so I did feel a little safer shooting the green.

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice job shooting a green! And glad you'll be back at +2 to check on. Usually, when shooting your first green we say get a +1 as you don't have data to support that number in the beginning of the cycle yet. Chances are that he will head back up with a panicky liver.

And this is for you, the coveted Ball of Steel ( BOS) for shooting your first green!

Juliet likes this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

9. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Just got home. About to test. I felt safe as the usual meter had it at 167. Still much much lower than usual tho.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  10. Juliet

Juliet Guest

He was 144 at +2 - partly food hike and partly fur shot I am guessing.

Expecting him to bounce for sure...

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  11. Juliet

Juliet Guest

@Bobbie And Bubba willbi need to sit up and check him for a while? 144 is a very low +2. Usually he has a huge food spike. When will I know it’s safe to go to bed?

12. carfurby (GA)

Nice numbers to come home to.

13. carfurby (GA)

It is probably a good idea to get another test at +3 to see if he is still going up. That should help you know if you can go to sleep.

14. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Why would he be going up? He got his shot so I’m expecting he’ll be going down til nadir.

15. Bobbie And Bubba

I agree with Carla, see how the + 3 number looks. This could be a food hike, about 50 points. Onset for Lantus is around +2 - + 3. The next test should give you an idea if you need to grab another test at nadir or not.

He could be bouncing from the nice green pre shot. Or, if it were a FS it could be from that as well.

Juliet likes this.
  16. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Hmmm he IS up - 193. So is the insulin not going to work this cycle then?

17. carfurby (GA)

If he is bouncing, he will keep going up. Hopefully he won't go too high. I'm signing off for the night.

Juliet likes this.
  18. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Ok thx for your help. I didn’t think bouncing kicked in so fast. Will get a before bed test in.

19. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Interesting day.....let's see what tomorrow brings.

What should I do tomorrow if I am faced with a green AMPS and have to stay on schedule (eg leave immediately for my commute to work?)....skip, reduce or full dose??

No-one is usually on the board when I leave for work Ontario time....

@Jill & Alex (GA) thanks for advising to hold dose for this week - I very nearly increased when he may well earn a decrease...

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  20. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Bump. Hoping someone can advise

21. carfurby (GA)

It's hard to say without a lot of data on what Silver will do with a green PS. If you can't leave food out for him and know he will eat it if his numbers go down, it may be safest to skip.

22. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thanks. It’s 5:45am and I just woke up. Testing shortly. I have skipped a green and a blue before but it wrecked his depot as someone on here told me.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  23. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Let's just see what number he is at.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he is quite high.

Because of your personal circumstances, a skip is the safest course of action if he were green/low blue(not that I like skipping), but as silver can't have food left out and with the limited data on how he reacts to a low PS it certainly would be safest.

Looks to me that his PMPS last night was him on the rise, I wouldn't be surprised if he went a fair bit lower somewhere in that am cycle yesterday. It looks like he bounced of those blues on Jan 21 and cleared the bounce yesterday Jan 22 in the am cycle. So it appears that he is clearing his bounces quite quickly.

Even if he is high this morning I wouldn't be surprised if by this evening you would be looking at lower numbers.

PussCatPrince - GA and Juliet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.