1/23 Meme PMPS 110, not intrested in food, is that normal after dental

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by rawia, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rawia

rawia Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...extraction-update-bg-180.190012/#post-2116647

Meme was doing fine today, she ate her last meat at noon, now os her PM shot but she is not intresting in any kind of food. Is that normal after tooth extraction??

They did not gave me any painkiller to use at home, i di not know if she feels pain but cat does not show pain, she is acting fine for me. Even a treat does not work, i tried tuna juice which she ca not resist, she smell it and walked away.

I will skip the shot, if i am sure that she will eat later i wan’t hesitate but i am not sure and her follow up appointment is on 25th.

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I would very much think it is normal after whatever pain meds they gave her wore off, because it’s likely painful. Even if she isn’t acting troubled, not eating is probably a good indication that it hurts to do so. Any chance they would give you something for pain for a couple of days? I think mouth things heal rather quickly, but you don’t want her refusing to eat in the meantime. :bighug:

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Same thing happened with Max. He ate a little when he got home but not at dinner. I ended up skipping his insulin. I resumed the next morning as he was high from two missed shots. Try a little baby food if you have any. Gerbers all meat 2nds as no onion or garlic.

4. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

After BKs first dental I waited 35.5 hours before I resumed insulin.

Better a day too high than an hour too low.

5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry Meme's appy is off after the dental. Hope she is eating better for you by this afternoon.

6. rawia

rawia Member

I will try again in few hours, hope she ests at least a little.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.