1/23 Silver AMPS 151 PMPS 95

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, Jun 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

2. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Back to green - this seems to be the right dose for him.

@Tracey&Jones I saw on Jones' ss that you were at one dose, then he earned reduction, he failed it so you increased, then he earned reduction again and this time he didn't fail. Do you know why that is? Silver failed his reduction fro 4.25u to 4u so I put him back up but I am nervous to take the next reduction in case it fails and its nice to see him in good numbers.

I had no hesitation shooting green this evening as I know he gets a small meal at +4. I think if I see a green AMPS on a weekday next week I will try giving the Fancy Feast in gravy (high carb) to try and see if that works. The other idea I had was to feed both cats normally but then when they have eaten and settled, sneak another dish of food downstairs for him to find later. Hoping that he finds it first. No guarantees of that though. That's the only reason I don't like shooting low green when I am heading out to work.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am not sure why it failed it just seemed like he needed that extra few days in order to keep it. A theory I have is that he was still healing from his dental and he was close but not quit there. He has since earned his second reduction today.

With the pred it adds another layer of complexity. It interferes with the pancreatic process of making insulin...some days I wonder if it interferes more than usual/less then usual?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    Amanda & Shmee and Juliet like this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers for Silver today.

Juliet likes this.
  5. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Yup. Seems this dose is good. Gonna try high carbing next time I see a low green AMPS on a work day to save the BCS. I dont want another failed reduction.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.