1/24 Tiger AMPS 218;+2=281;+4=212;+6=228;+8=289;PMPS 312

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tiger(GA) and Ruth, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Last condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-4-47-42-dosing-question-for-tomorrow.131942/

1/23 Recap
    AMPS 190
    +2=91
    +3=97
    +6=81
    +7=91
    PMPS 81
    +2=65
    +3.5=53/47 Soulistic HC/Karo-overdid it! :oops:
    +3.75=42 Soulistic Triple Harmony
    +4.25=52
    +4.75=123
    +5=155
    +6=202
    +8=225

Thanks to @Tricia & Cinco @Wendy&Neko @Vyktors Mum @Ann & Tess and @carfurby for the late nite visits- your thoughts are so very much appreciated! :bighug:

Dr.Robertson called late this afternoon to report that Tiger's culture tested positive for e-coli and the C & S indicated that convenia is appropriate for treatment. The first time we used convenia, it sent Tiger into one of our first PJ parties and the same thing happened last night. Is it a coincidence that she cleared a bounce, or could this AB have started working that quickly? Tiger looked and felt so much better after the shot, she still woke up and needed her pepcid and cerenia though. We are working with Dr.R to figure out what is causing the vomiting. Her labwork did indicate she was low on Sodium and Chloride, which are electrolytes and happen when there is vomiting...:nailbiting::nailbiting: I woke up later this morning and forgot to give her cerenia, so her appy wasn't really good, it seems to take about 2 hours to kick in. I am hoping to get her back to 4.0 tomorrow, and thanks to Wendy and Tricia for the words of wisdom. The encouraging thing is that once the day got started, she looked and felt so much better without that icky UTI! :cat:

@Ann & Tess I will ask my vet about orbax, I like that it is a liquid and seems easier on the system than clavamox. Thanks for that info.

Our hearts are still thinking of Tiki,Booger and Cobb- but hoping that their beans feel the collective love and vines from this wonderful community. Also sending healing vines to all the other kitties that need them- one year ago before FD became our lives, I would not have understood just how powerful healing vines are when they come from LL! :bighug:

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I'm sorry she has a UTI but at least you know what is going on and have a treatment started. I don't know if the a/b can kick in that fast to drop her numbers like that but it seems awfully "coincidental". I hope continues to feel alot better.

Thanks for the info on why the vet thought the CK was elevated. It still seems kinda high for stress but ECID.

3. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Tanks for de muddy feet tip Tiger. I thort it waz a great idea so I threatened mumbean wif it. She laffed at me! She sed that the way she keeps house whose gonna notice! I'm most indignant bout dat laffing - so next time I bite her good :woot: - Vyktor

Go Tiger sounds like she's on the road to recovery - in the fast lane :D

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's good you know what you're dealing with and have the right treatment already. I hope you can figure out what is going on with the vomiting. Sending prayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.