1/25, Yoyo AMPS 90,

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Yesterday 1/24 http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-24-yoyo-amps-139-2-5-112.224718/

Day 7 @ 1.68 Units Lantus

Good Morning......Yesterday wasn't the greatest day for me once I received Yoyo's blood work results. Bun is up, triglycerides up to 994mg/dL-very high. I did change his food since his last blood test in 10/19 but the food % went from 55% to 65%-not sure if that is enough to cause this high triglyceride level or could it be from the added LIVER-1 tsp AM and STEAK 1 tsp PM that I WAS feeding Yoyo everyday since the beginning of November 2019 ?

I am stopping the liver and steak but I am having a lot of trouble finding a food with Lower Fat %'s and Lower Phosphorous %'s and Lower Carb %'s. IF ANY ONE has any SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE SEND. Yoyo will only eat Pate food. I have tried other Weruva types and the chunks are too big or have lots of fish. I want to feed him chicken, turkey or beef.

Also does anyone understand Phosphsorous mg/kg = 5000ppm ??
    This is from Fancy Feast Gourmet Savory Centers Pate. The chart they sent me shows Phosphorous AF .50% and Phosphorous mg/Kg 5000 ppm. I am trying to convert this to mg/100 kcal. Any help is appreciated:)

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day and wishing all Kitties safe surfing.
    Many thanks for listening to me this morning:bighug:

2. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Debra, I’m really sorry about the results. Did your vet have any solutions for you? I wonder why he’s not concerned about blood in the urine?

It’s hard enough just trying to find high protein, low carb, low phos. Trying to find all three plus low fat seems very difficult. Unless there's some miracle food out there that we don't know about, I think it comes down to a balancing act.

When Leo was diagnosed with CKD, he was already eating Weruva, so I took Dr. Lisa’s list and out of all the Weruva foods, I looked for the lowest phos with highest protein and used those numbers to find other Weruva foods with as close as possible to the same numbers and went from there. I try to switch the foods as much as I can so that it balances out. Some days are higher carb less phos, other days are higher protein, more phos.

I know you need pate for Yoyo so maybe if you found some that met your criteria (or as close as possible) you could blend them and turn them into pate? The other options would be to look at raw food or make your own, but I’m not familiar with the nutritional values and if you go that route, could they meet all three criteria and keep the carb content low as well?

Try tagging our dear moderators, they know more on this subject (raw food) and/or know of more resources. Also, try posting in the Main Health forum.

A gazillion good luck vines to you and Yoyo. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you for taking the time and sending me GREAT suggestions. I like the idea of switching the foods to balance them out....good idea!!
    Yo has had blood in his urine since he had his leg removed in 12/2017. Some tests come back negative and others +3 or less. Vet did suggest that I could have an ultrasound done on his kidneys/bladder but I did that about a year ago and all was good. Everything overwhelms me at this point. I'm better today than yesterday. I'm researching the food again and again..almost impossible as you said above to find the right combo and I'm going to get sticks that measure blood in the urine.
    I'll retest his blood probably in about 2-3 months.

Thanks again Sonia for everything.
    Hope Leo is doing well and playing and splashing in the lagoon:D:D:D:bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

When I switched to Weruva from Dr. Elsey's, Moey was having a hard time adjusting to the texture. I ended using an attachment(min food processor) for my immersion blender to process the chunks into more of a pate. I added water, while processing, to smooth the mixture out. Worked like a charm for Moey.
    Could Marje help you out with the phosphorus conversion? She's such a whiz at those things.

I'm sorry Yoyo's blood values weren't that good. Hopefully with a little diet adjustment they will correct themselves a bit.
    I hope you have a great day Debra!:)

Debra and Yoyo and Sonia & Leo like this.
  5. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you....I did that with the chicken frick a zee but it seems to have given Yo an upset tummy. There must be more oil in the weruva foods because the pate called " press your lunch" also gives him soft stool. Or he is just used to more "fillers" in his food. I can try some pumpkin to see if that helps his tumtum.

Briere Fur Mom and Sonia & Leo like this.