1/27 Osha AMPS 98 PMPS 101

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Osha, Jan 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

1/21

Good morning!

Osha seems to be acting ok, but she didn't eat all of her food this morning or at her snack time. My girl always eats EVERYTHING, so I am a little freaked out. I am not sure what to do other than to watch her, but this is very unsettling. I am not sure what is going on and why she isn't eating all her fuds.

Amanda and Kitty Osha, The Empress

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Amanda,
    Maybe it was the extra can of LC that she got at PMPS +3 last night. She may be full?
    Is Osha acting normally other than not eating all of her food? Numbers look good. Just keep an eye on her.
    Sending eat yer fuds vines to The Empress.

Osha likes this.
  3. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Maybe it was the extra can. She has had lots of extra food before and I just have never seen her leave anything on the plate. She is otherwise acting normally. Thanks for the vines. I will keep my eye on her.

4. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I just tested for ketones and it says 1.0. That isn't very good right?

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Is that using a blood ketone meter?
    I just found this, but don't know if it pertains to cats: The acceptable range for blood ketones is less than 0.6 mmol/L. Between 0.6 and 1.5 mmol/L Recheck blood glucose and ketones in 2-4 hours. Between 1.5 and 3.0 mmol/L May be at risk for developing ketoacidosis. More than 3.0 mmol/L Requires immediate emergency treatment.
    Sending eating vines to Osha.

Osha likes this.
  6. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Yes, it was using a blood ketone meter. Thanks for finding the range. She usually tests at 0.3. Once I got a 0.7. Also the last time she stopped eating was right at diagnosis and she ended up in DKA in the ER for 4 days with a feeding tube. This momma bean is going to watch her like a hawk.

7. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vines to Osha. I’m not sure about the keytones, but I’m hoping it was just the extra food and that she isn’t hungry. Please eat Osha you are worrying your bean! How is your mom doing? I may have missed your post ... I’ve been busy lately. :(

8. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I'm glad you can be home today, and tomorrow hopefully. Test her again in 2 to 4 hours if you can. Fingers crossed.
    Sending lots of eating vines. Come on Osha eat your food.

9. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

My mom is doing pretty well. She went home a few weeks ago. She is still doing PT and in some pain, but she is slowly getting there. Stairs are the biggest challenge for her right now.

I am about to leave the house for a couple of hours. Sébastien paid for me and my daughter to get our hair cut. I should be home about +7. So, I should test her ketones again at that time?

10. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Sending vines. I couldn't believe your title when I read it. :eek: But now I am concerned :oops:.

Extra water in food if you can. Glad it is the weekend.

Osha likes this.
  11. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vines. Hope Osha is just having an off day. :bighug:

Osha likes this.
  12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Amanda, I can relate to when a piggish cat doesn't want to eat and how unsettling it is. As Ella said, maybe she is just not as hungry from the extra so keeping an eye on her is a good idea.

The below is when using a human blood meter on a cat and what the range is.

The latest published research/studies in cats indicate ketones will begin to show up at readings of 2.4 and 2.55 on a blood ketone meter:Measurement of ketones - Weingart_J VET Diagn Invest-2012(1).pdfMeasuring ketones - JSAP_Zeugswetter - 2012.pdf

ETA: So, as long as she stays under 2.4 on the blood meter, she doesn't have ketones.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Reason for edit: ETA
    Dyana and Osha like this.
  13. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

This is good news. Thanks Bobbie.
    I hope she doesn't go any lower today.

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Osha starts eating for you and the ketone readings stay low. Sending prayers.

Osha likes this.
  15. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

+9 48 Thankfully she ate the gravy food!!

16. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

I am so happy she ate all of her food tonight at shot time! Good girl, Osha! :cat:

17. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.