1/3/20 Mr. Kitty PMPS 147 advice needed

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sara and Mr. Kitty, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Sara and Mr. Kitty

Sara and Mr. Kitty Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-2-2020-mr-kitty-pmps-103.223758/#post-2502876

Well, we’re not sure what’s going on but we had our highest PMPS since forever. We started feeding friskee pates with 5% carbs, and although I highly doubt that would make such a huge jump in BG levels, ecid so who knows?? We were planning on decreasing .25U tonight because he’s been so good but decided to stick with his usual until we get advice from an expert. Tomorrow is a new day.

2. Sara and Mr. Kitty

He just dipped down 84 points in 2 hours :( and has never done that on Lantus - always smooth flat curves. Does anyone have any advice besides me staying up to get more tests? He’s pouncing around like a cougar at the moment.

3. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

I'm the wrong person to comment because I think those numbers look good. Considering you have already seen a lower number @+2 on the 1st and yesterdays BG at around the same interval was the same.
    Looks like you had a 155 on the 17th of December and then got a 81 @+3 after which Mr. Kitty sort of flattened out. The next night that 145 PMPS to the 71 @ +2.5 seemed like a bigger drop than tonight.
    I know those were different doses and I don't know if the small difference in testing time may impact anything, but with the slight variations in glucometers I try not to get to hung up on the difference in Preshot numbers. I don't know what else to do besides waiting until tomorrow to see if you start to see a pattern or if it corrects back to those nice greens.
    Is your kitty maybe carb sensitive?
    Hopefully someone with more experience can give you some advice :)

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sometimes cats that are breaking bounces, such as that is for Mr. Kitty, will jump up just before breaking the bounce and charging down. The high before the low. Just in case, I’d keep a close eye on him tonight. Maybe a +3. Note that big drops can also cause bounces.

5. Sara and Mr. Kitty

I kept a close eye on him until I couldn’t keep my eyes open anymore (literally) and he stayed flat. I really wanted to get a PMPS +6 and +8 but slept right through my alarm :banghead: Do you think we should hold this dose or try the reduction we had planned for yesterday? thanks :bighug:

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  6. Sara and Mr. Kitty

We are thrilled with Mr. Kitty’s numbers :) it’s a dream come true!! Seeing a higher preshot then usual threw me for a loop and I’m honestly not sure what caused it either. Thanks for pointing out the other dosage trends - makes me wonder if we should go ahead with that reduction we had planned... have a great day!

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I’d hang onto the dose a little longer. Reducing after a week in normal numbers means spending most of the time in normal cat numbers, 50-80, and nothing above 120.

8. Sara and Mr. Kitty

That’s what we thought, too.
    He almost made it a full 7 days in the greens :D

Si am cat mom likes this.