1/3 Asia PMPS 96, +1 99, +2 63, +3.5 58, +4 62, +5 61

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy & Asia, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-2-asia-pmps-67-1-95-2-5-62.189014/

AMPS 284. She just couldn't help herself, she really loves those bouncy houses! :rolleyes:

@Marje and Gracie I'm having some analysis paralysis over the b complex and finding one that ticks all the boxes without containing cat unfriendly ingredients. I'm going to order the jarrows (with the phos and the sugar) just to get something started while I continue to look for something better.

Since she is bouncing, I'm going to do fluids today as there is a long way to go if it makes her numbers drop, paws crossed it just won't be an issue anyway.

Thoughts are with Wes today missing his Jack. :(

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I agree...it’s tough. When I was using it, it didn’t have the calcium phosphate and my CKD cats weren’t diabetic. But remember, it’s just a tiny, tiny bit that she gets. Pls let me know if you find something better. I would love that info.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Asia clears the bounce soon. Good luck finding a b complex that works.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Oh Asia!
    But it is nice seeing all those greens on her ss!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Stacy & Asia

That was my thinking, it’s such a small amount it shouldn’t make much of a difference and I’m going to try it in her rad cat with p binders anyway. I will let you know if I find a nicer alternative.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Stacy - if you you haven't ordered the Jarrow's yet, let me know....I have a full, unopened bottle that I would be happy to send to you! PM me if you're interested.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. Stacy & Asia

Gave Asia fluids today, first time (this go round anyway) easy peasy lemon squeezy. @Marje and Gracie thanks for your video, I did glean the gem about smaller gague needles and I asked my vet for some since they of course gave me 18s, they had 20s in their donation bin and passed them along to me. I know Asia is a good girl and will sit there for however long it takes, but the less pain with the stick is the more important thing to me. She’s walking around with her dromedary hump now. :joyful:

I’m using my ketodiastix to try to find her renal threshold, why this never occurred to me to figure out before, I can’t tell you.

AMPS 284 Ketodiastix: 1/4 250 mg/dL
    +2 203 ketodiastix: 1/2 500 mg/dL

A couple of questions. Does anyone know approximately how long does it take the current blood glucose to show up in the urine? From the readings I got, I’m assuming the 500 was more reflective of the AMPS bg and the AMPS urine was reflective of a lower number prior like her 231 +10?

I also want to add, I do not get it in her pee stream, I have a litter robot open air and she pees a bit on the side above the litter, I swipe the stix on the urine of that plastic/rubbery material. It could have old pee under the new pee, I don’t know if/how this would affect the reading. I clean it all out frequently and wipe everything down, but that is not a daily chore, more like a bi weekly (twice a month) one.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  8. Stacy & Asia

That is so kind, Amy, I do appreciate it, but I did order it already. Thank you anyway. :bighug:

9. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Ah well....sorry I didn't see your condo sooner!

10. Marje and Gracie

I don’t believe it is immediate although I don’t know the exact amount of time it takes to spill glucose in the urine once the BG spikes. I also know that it takes time for the glucose to clear the urine so BGs could very well be back to normal and the urine still show glucose.

If you aren’t testing the urine right after she does it (i.e. you don’t know how old the pee is), then the glucose could have cleared the urine already. If you are trying to find her renal threshold, I’d try and test with as fresh a sample as possible.

11. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

So, what is a b complex? it contains the various Bs?

12. Stacy & Asia

Yes, Marje pointed these out to me after reviewing Asia’s most recent labs and this helping with anemia. This page talks about it:

http://www.felinecrf.org/vitamin_b.htm

13. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad giving fluids was easy. How is Miss Asia feeling?

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  14. Stacy & Asia

She’s doing okay, her typical cute purry self. :cat: Is Maggie feeling better?

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  15. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

A little, but she still did the head-pushing this AM. Have an appt. with an internist on Tues. to look at a few things. Glad Asia is doing good!

16. Stacy & Asia

PMPS 96, +1 99, this little green bean.

Asia did something odd today, after she used her litter box, she sat in it and then laid down. Not something I’ve ever seen her do. Didn’t see her straining or having difficulty or anything, nothing obvious from a symptoms standpoint. Outside of something going on with her, I’m speculating maybe squatting to pee or poop is just difficult, painful, exhausting from an arthritis standpoint? And maybe she needed a little rest before climbing out of the box and down the stairs? I had to pick her up to get her out of the box, she wasn’t budging. This happened twice today. After I removed her she went and ate some food and is acting normal otherwise.

17. Marje and Gracie

Sometimes the anemia can cause them to seem tired after a little exertion. From her last labs, she was just barely anemic but it can change fast.

Or...maybe it’s because she’s 21 and just needed a break!

When is she due labs again?

18. Stacy & Asia

It’s funny to me how she can be so old as to need a break climbing out of the litter and also zoom around the house like a spaz cat. :joyful: I hope it’s nothing and she doesn’t do it again. She’s been old for awhile, but she’s never really acted her age until around diabetes dx time.

Vet did not say anything about rechecking labs. I’m sending him mini weekly updates by email and just went there a few days ago for bupe refill. I will ask him. I’m concerned about taking blood so close together, especially if anemia is in the picture, but I understand if it’s necessary you’d take that risk. What is typical to recheck? Is this to see if p binders are working or just overall?

I’m also not thrilled to take her to the vet that frequently for something so simple and routine. Might see if they can have a tech pop over if all they need is a blood draw. It’s very cold here and I have to walk her there and she’s not used to those temps being an indoor cat, and also vet stress in general, need to minimize that.

19. Marje and Gracie

Usually retest P about two weeks after starting binders. You could wait three. If she’s racing around the house, it isn’t anemia. You are correct that you don’t want to do a lot of blood draws on an anemic cat.

That would be great if you could get a vet tech to do a blood draw. Once you know the P is coming down, you can give it more time but you need to make sure you are making progress on the P.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  20. Stacy & Asia

Aw, Maggie. I hope everything at the vet is unremarkable or an easy fix. :bighug:

21. Stacy & Asia

I didn’t mean to imply she ran around today, but it’s just odd how slow and creaky she can be and yet still do things like that. Last spaz cat run (that I witnessed) was on 12/29, we celebrate them so much I add them to her SS. :joyful:

If they are just checking for phos, maybe they need a lot less blood? I will inquire with the vet what he thinks, I’m leaning towards 3 weeks because 2 weeks was yesterday. :facepalm:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  22. Stacy & Asia

+2 63, and away we go! Gave some gravy with 2 drops of Karo, hopefully will stop the drop!

23. Marje and Gracie

PJ PARTY!
    A1098C0E-ACD3-48CE-9021-0919BC286A9A.jpeg

24. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

How's my girl doing? She slow down?

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  25. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Oh Stacy, I am so pulling for you two! I'm so glad that Asia accepted the subq fluids so easily. Such a gorgeous girl she is... :bighug:

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  26. Stacy & Asia

We will see soon, lots of carbs on board just to keep her out of the neon green. Her last was a 62 and I held off on the karo to see if she might want to surf, not hopeful, but I have to let her try ;)

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  27. Stacy & Asia

Thanks, Darrah! :bighug: I wasn't worried if she would sit for the fluids, I was more worried she would drop numbers from it. I still don't know, I did it when she was in yellow. :nailbiting:

28. Stacy & Asia

+5 61, it is surfing, unfortunatly too low a surf for me to sleep. :facepalm:

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  29. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines to Asia, and (((hugs)))to you, Stacy. I hope everything gets sorted out soon. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Now, Miss Asia, don't getz too close to dose sharks tonite, dey bitez! You need me to t'row you da water wingz, you just sez da word!
    ~Deputy Squallie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.