1/3, Boomer's numbers on lower dose

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=895

They are much higher. His new dose is .25 u.
    His numbers:
    AMPS=160
    +6=222
    +9.5=260
    PMPS= 323 so I gave him a fatter .25. (I think- it's hard to tell with this dose)

Does this seem right? Should I expect his numbers to be higher for a while? Even a pink? ohmygod_smile

Any help is appreciated. I love all you LL angels.

2. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Good questions. To me this looks like Boomer is still bouncing off the green yesterday - see how the numbers go straight up, not down and then up like they would in a normal curve? If it were me, I would wait until the bounce clears before deciding whether to change the dose.

3. Traci and Boomer

It's so nice to see Lucy's face!!!!

Okay! Sounds good.
    How long to I watch before I change anything? Is the protocal 3 days? I can't remember.

If I need to go back up I could go to a skinny .5 instead of raising it up to a .5. Is that an option?

4. Libby and Lucy

"If the cat will not stay in the normal range after a reduction, immediately increase the dose again to the last good dose. Sometimes, a cat can even manage to keep its BGs low for a day or two, but then the BGs begin to rise again because the beta-cells haven't recovered enough yet."

so the protocol says immediately, but in practice we usually wait until we think the rebound has cleared. That's a little subjective, but you should be able to recognize that when he gets some lower numbers or a little more of a curve.

Yes, skinny 0.5 is an option too. :smile:

5. Traci and Boomer

Hi, thanks, but sorry, I'm a little dense....so do you think by tomorow night I'll have a better idea? For example, if he keeps getting yucky numbers tomorrow then I'd increase him say, tomorrow night or the next morning? Something like that?

6. Libby and Lucy

I peeked at your SS and see that he is coming down a bit tonight, so I think tomorrow you might be able to tell if rebound is gone. You can always ask here for advice, perhaps we can look at it again tomorrow evening if things don't change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.