1/3 Moonie AMPS 198-She's alive because of LL! (long)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Roni and Moonie, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Moonie had a blue amps today and ate her breffis, but skipped out on her chin cleaning..The little devil! angry(2)_cat

Want to say something here about the dosing advisor controversy..
    I have been on the board 2 yrs in Feb..It was the people here who helped me not to raise Moonie's humulin N dose to 4 units, when the vet insisted! At the suggestion of two members, IT was their idea to try a new vet, who put her on lantus...And surprise, she wound up on a very low dose.
    Had I followed the first vet ideas, Moonie would have hypo'ed! And that wasnt the only time Moonie was saved here.
    Moonie was urine tested for 11 months till I could finally bg test her. The help I received at that time was crucial to her life, interpreting her urine tests..
    I could cite the many times, but they are too numerous to write..Like the time a member came to my house to show me how to bg test, or those who sat up with me when Moonie was low or sick, or how members are always there with the ideas that I havent come up with yet!
    When Jojo & Jill were still here, there was no question that the knowledge imparted by them was correct...Their EXPERIENCE WAS VAST...

WE ARE ADVISED HERE TO BRING A CAT TO THE ER, THE MOMENT IT SEEMS TO BE NECESSARY-Without exception--Or to call our vet, or to make an appt!

In my Life, I always give information by what I have experienced--Having been a social worker, I understand the need for discretion..
    I also do this on this Board--Give advice on what I have experienced-
    Some of us have experienced more than others, giving them the knowledge to impart this on us, if needed!
    And Thank God for that!
    I dont know what this will lead to, but I certainly hope that I can freely get knowledge needed to maintain my cat on Lantus.
    Everyone here works as a tightly regulated group, each one helping the other!!
    Some have more knowledge, and can give ideas trying to help us!
    Without this knowledge, where will we go?? TO THE VETS who many have functioned so poorly for us? To literature which is not only tedious but at times contradictory, OR TO EACH OTHER?? AS WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO KEEP OUR CATS WELL, SINCE COMING HERE??
    I'll take Lantus Land any day of the week & understanding the legal implications here, I'll still go with my fellow lantus people!

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Well said Roni :thumbup
    I am so very glad Moonie is there with you today - even if she's being a little monkey! lol!!

3. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT Here, here. Or hear, hear. I never know which one is right, so I put both. LOL.

Best-
    Michele

4. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Well said, Roni! :RAHCAT

5. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

I can tell this comes straight from your heart....you tell it like it is Roni....and you're our cheerleader! :RAHCAT

As for Moonie, she needs to get out of party mode now and get serious with her numbers....we would like some green once in awhile Miss Moonie... :mrgreen: haha_smiley

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

thank you Roni. :smile:

7. Roni and Moonie

Re: 1/3 Moonie AMPS 198, +3~112

Moonie is coming down nicely today, of course because she knows I'm going out for the day to DSIL in Nyc..Will be home by pmps, not leaving till after her +6--So, it's all good..Hope we see green!

8. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Hi ya Roni! You wrote your feelings so well, and I know most of us agree with what you said.
    Glad Moonie is coming down for you...looks like she could hit greens for you. Also glad you aren't going out until later, for Moonie's sake, of course. She wants to spend as much time with you as possible.
    Have fun at your outing today!

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Very nice opening of your condo today Roni...i agree with what you wrote and hope that
    we can all move along in friendship and camaraderie...It IS about our kitties and we love our Angels who
    help us all the time... ((hugs)) to each and every one of them!
    Hope you enjoy your day today! Special hello to Miss Moonie :YMHUG:

10. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Roni and thanks for what you said.
    I missed you guys and glad to see Moonie doing well.

I am only new to the board for the past month and a half.

If it weren't for the people here, Max would be on Caninsulin which was given to him a week after the Vetsulin warnings.
    My vet did not know anything about Lantus and it was through the boards that I sought another vet. I found a vet that uses only Lantus and the only place we differ in is the amount of testing that I do on Max. Oh well.

As some of you know, I have been away from Max for 2 weeks.

I was given support and my friends here (and I call you friend) watched over Max and fed me information.
    No vet could have done this for me and it gave me comfort.

We all need support and help from those that have experience.
    I have found a new world here and all I can say is that I have not had any run ins, nasty pms or issues from anyone.
    The members that regularly visit my condo's are the most wonderful caring people I have met in a very long time.
    May we all have good health for ourselves, families and fur babies.
    That's what we are here for.

11. Roni and Moonie

Re: 1/3 Moonie AMPS 198,+3~112, +5~83

Whoo Hooo back to green we go!! party_cat !!Nice Job Moonie!! Chicken snack for you!!

12. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice Moonie!!

I have to agree with what you said. I'm sitting here trying not to cry just learning of everything that transpired last night.

I too will continue to come here.

13. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Hi Roni!! I agree with what you said, 100%! :RAHCAT

14. Roni and Moonie

Re: 1/3 Moonie PMPS 144,+3~106 ni ni LL & Angels

Came back from the city late & shot her 40 minutes late nailbite_smile --She was fine & they ate a lot of the food I left out & in the timed feeder. Glad to see she didnt shoot up or down, and I guess she is good for the night..I'm sure she'll go green later but there is food out & she will be fine.
    This was an emotional day and everyone expressed their opinion with dignity & class...We can only hope we can get back to where we were & ask the Lantus Angel team to keep on helping us..Just remember we are in control! We know what to do(except newbies who really need the help)..WE are One!
    Ni Ni lantus land--have sweet dreams, good health for all kitkats & beans, and sound sleepus--With the Hope that something better is coming for all of us--Hugs & Great love for our lantus land...Ni ni cat_pet_icon o:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.