1/3 Shadoe +11 437 amps 466

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Not the best way to start the day; I feel badly for Shadoe's high numbers as she must be feeling badly.
    Yesterday’s Condo

She was very eager for the morning to start, but she also is very good at knowing that we must wait.
    It's tough to take her +11, see high numbers, then make her wait and stay hungry. I do give her a tbsp of chicken cubes at +11 to tide her over.

Good days and crappy nights; I just don't get her numbers. This morning was cycle 8; any dose increase during the week can't be monitored daytime as I am at work, but I can watch in the evening. I don't want to wait till the next weekend unless it is fitting to her numbers.

Food concern questions: Because we use the feeder during the day and not in the evening, could feeding regularity be making a difference? What if I used the last slot on the feeder for a +9 snack/meal? Do you think it may make a difference with her pre-dawn numbers, and would it just make the numbers worse at amps?
    How do you know if you are looking at dawn phenomenon or something else?

confused_cat

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Sorry about the red....IMO (in my opinion) a +9 meal is a good idea.
    and feeding regularly yes *can* make a diff. And *possibly* at the same times as well.

Hope u see some good results today!

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Hi Gayle,

I for one don't have a crystal ball, so I can't tell you if it's A or B. IMO the best way to determine that (like anything) is to try it! Sometimes you have to experiment a bit, in any experiment the important thing is to only change 1 variable at a time so you can interpert the results to deterimine what caused what. If you wnat to try out a feeding schedule change then you need to try it while keeping everything else the same. You collect data and you will answer those questions for yourself.

4. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Gayle, that's pretty much how I did it for Luna, and made notes along the way in SS.

5. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Shadoe. WTH are you doing? Enough already! Come on down girl!

6. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

Poor Shadoe...I wish I knew what to tell you. It "does" look like she needs more insulin...it has been a steady climb for her but she saw some blue and yellow recently so hard to say. Some cats need more than 3-5 cycles to show a reaction to change in dose...my Morris is like that.

As for the food, I started feeding Morris mini meals throughout the day (and night :YMSIGH: ). I give him 1/4 can FF at AMPS, +1, +2 and +3. The I give him 1/4 can FF at +5, +7, +9 and PMPS. I feed him again before I go to bed 1/2 can and he usually wakes me up around +8 or 9 and I give him the rest of the can, which tides him over till breakfast. He's a big boy so he eats a lot...but he's still lost and maintained his weight. And actually, I throw some of each of the 1/2 can meals away because he doesn't finish 100% of it but doesn't want the rest because I water it down and I guess the flavor is gone. He wants "fresh". grr_red I just ordered a new feeder...this getting up for the middle of the night feeding is getting old. I-)

Here's hoping you see some better numbers real soon! :YMHUG:

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/3 Shadoe amps 466 +5 322

Brenda, you must have read my mind; I was looking at the auto feeders when I was at a couple Global Ryan stores getting some foods for Shadoe. Now I know I am not the only crazy.

I was trying to find online if there were any feeders that had more sections but smaller ones. Nope.
    Then, I thought, no problem, I thought I will just put in different times when I get home. Then I thought, are you nuts? Do you realize how time consuming that will be? You have to delete the times you had in the feeder, then enter new ones. I don't lead all THAT busy of a life but honestly, why go through all of that when I can just get a 2nd feeder and it can park beside the day one or I can just switch it when I get home and pop in 5 fresh frozen cubes of food!
    I have been giving Shadoe a tbsp of food at each test time because she sometimes seems to be annoyed with all the testing, so they are mini bribes/rewards. How the spoons of food affect the numbers, I don't know but if they are regular, then you can still see a pattern from the numbers.

OK feeding worries solved once another feeder is set up; now for her numbers.

She reminds me of someone who is very cautious, a scaredy cat, and will try something but then scurry back to safety. Think of someone learning to swim. Some can swim around the edge or in the shallow end, why? because they know if they needed to, they can grab the edge of the pool or just stand up.
    Shadoe's numbers look like that to me.

When she is all flat pink, she is extremely content. The rituals are all good with her and she is very comfy. She purrs and naps and eats and plays.
    Now, on the few times that she was all yellow / blue, she did seem still OK but hesitant in some ways. She was low key in everything she did.

She may well be a slow poke, so I am fine to stay with this dose for a bit, just to see. I like making changes on Wed or Thu because of the shed filling with the new dose, so there is not much big need to wash for large improvements. Then by the weekend, I am home and can poke her ears like crazy.

I am going to do some thinking about her food intake because she, too, does not eat all of her 1st and 5th sections. I need to adjust the times to give her more at 2hr intervals because I feed her the meal with amps and pmps, so why waste the feeder sections?

Anyways, I don't hold much hope for this 4.75, but I'll stick with it a bit longer.

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

there's big progress here, but I personally would hold on a couple more cycles before increasing the dose. That would give her 10 cycles to see if she gets back to blue (because she seems to be liking the blue!). She's getting there, though. :smile:

9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Thanks Libby, I would like to wait a bit too and give her a bit more time to give this dose a change. I would just worry at work if I made changes at the beginning of the week.

I think Shadoe is enjoying freaking me out with the unexpected.
    Now, it's time for a bean nap, and testing to continue later.
    I-)

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/3 Shadoe amps 466, +10 421

I don't get why Shadoe is acting all comfy and laid back today; it's like old home week with her and these crappy numbers. grr_red angry(2)_cat

Oh well, pmps in a couple hours then we will try again.

11. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/3 Shadoe pmps 466

My first recap:
    pmps - 421
    +2 - 409
    +3 - 382

Maybe the chilly temp outside is getting Shadoe to stick with the cozy RED/PINK numbers - she sure is in no hurry to do much besides snack, nap, stretch, yawn and yell at me for more snacks.

I sure wish I could figure out how she can have a couple decent days and then just fall back, or up, to higher numbers.

I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

Bedtime now for all of us; will get a +11 to see the end result damage

12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/3 Shadoe

I stubbornly stayed up to see if her +5 would be any better. Nope.
    +5 369

What a discouraging day of all RED and PINK. Sore ears for nothing.
    Poor Shadoe.

13. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Wishing you some serious yellows today!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.