1/3 Walter AMPS 80 / Mandarin AMPS 306

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandarin'sMom, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

Another crazy cold day here - but at least I have running water again. I had no clue that it was possible for the hot water pipe to freeze. I always assumed that you should be fine if you turn on the cold water a bit. Well, I was wrong. Luckily, I realized it soon enough and was able to thaw out the pipe before it burst.

Meanwhile, Walter is on the surfboard, showing off his skills. Super happy how quickly he came back down!

Mandarin, on the other hand, is stubbornly refusing to do much with this dose. I really don't know what to make of all of this. His Glucose was 150 after 11 days without Insulin and it's been getting progressively worse since I started him back up. Is it possible that his dose is too high? Or is this just NDW?

2. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Great job, Walter! Hope you get Mandarin's dosage settled quickly.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Walter is looking good. I hope Mandarin comes back down soon. You're seeing blue so I don't think the dose is too high. Time for patience pants. Glad you got your pipe thawed out before it burst. I always drip both hot and cold.

Mandarin'sMom likes this.
  4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Walter is looking great!
    Mandarin's numbers were all over the place before you went on vacation; to me they don't look that much different now. Do Mandarin's numbers go down with stress? That could explain the blue you saw when you returned. Or it was just coincidence that he gave you a blue number then. This is only cycle 5 on the 1u dose so I would give it a bit more time and hopefully he'll start to work it.

5. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

So glad all is well with your water and all the furkids (I did catch up with everyone on your condo the other day). Crazy cold here, too....feels too much like South Bend :joyful:!!

I would wonder if Mandarin has some NDW...he's rebuilding the depot and all that fun. Hopefully he'll start working it soon!

6. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Christina - hot water pipes usually freeze before the cold water ones - lucky you caught it

Amazing Walter - wow - just wow!! Mandarin will get there - he certainly has shown you that he can
    stay warm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.