1/30 Just Checking In

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Cobb(GA), Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in for a quick update. As you can imagine, we still miss our Cobb terribly. It's been a week -- is that all? It seems like he's been gone so much longer than that!

As weird as this may sound, he's come to visit a few times. I've heard meows coming from the hallway when I'm trying to lay down and go to sleep. And then we have this musical puzzle downstairs that randomly plays when no one is near it and we are heading up for the night. It's actually a little creepy -- but also kind of nice to know that he is hanging around and watching over us.

It's very strange not having an alarm set on my phone to remind me of shot times, and I still find I'm catching myself when I walk in the door because I habitually said, "let me go check Cobb and change real quick and I'll be back down to eat dinner."

But, overall we are doing really well. Matt has even admitted that he misses his guy, but says if Cobb's spirit is hanging around it's obvious Cobb doesn't want us to EVER get another cat. :rolleyes: That's my husband. :p

I'm still on a bit of a hiatus from FDMB, but I will pop back in occasionally until I'm ready to come back more frequently.

Hope you are all doing well!

Oh, and Polly and Neko, listen to those dosecrease threats. Your mamabeans mean business!

~Suzanne

2. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: Glad to hear form you! You really need to have a talk w/ DH, Cobb is obviously checking in to see when the time is right to send you a new furbaby.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Suzanne,
    It really does seem like much longer ago than a week that Cobb and his "fellow travelers" arrived at the Bridge. How neat that he is sending you such strong signs that he is watching over you all.
    We have been thinking of you, Matt, and Matty, and know that your kitty is very much at home in your hearts.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Ella & Rusty

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

{{{Suzanne}}} Not surprising that Cobb is checking in on your guys. He was such a part of your lives and he knew how much he was loved.

BTW: Neko paid attention to you. Both of us have been thinking of you and Cobb a lot. :bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    Suzanne & Cobb(GA) likes this.
  5. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Suzanne, Glad to see you still posting. I used to read your condo with Cobb. Always gave me hope that I could get Toby into better numbers and that we'll be able to reduce his insulin
    someday. Glad to hear Cobb is still hanging around. It leaves such a hole in our hearts when we lose our fur babies. Take Care, Peg and Toby

6. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

How lovely that Cobb has come back to watch over you. I agree with Ann. I think he is checking to see how you are doing and when you will be ready for his protege. I'll bet Matt misses him more than he's willing to admit. ;)

We miss hearing from you and will be happy to see you whenever you pop in. Don't forget the Matty updates! :)

7. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

So good to see you, Suzanne. We, too, think of Cobb often. And I still think as I've done for a long time now, what would Suzanne do?, every time I'm stuck with a decision for Polly. (Of course, sometimes I ignore the answer!!! But not often!)

Of course, Cobb's visiting. He's got to keep a close eye on those he loves so dearly. He'll be more subtle about it over time, but I'm betting he'll be a great GA keeping watch over your family. After all, he'll always be a part of it.

Don't forget. Every now and then we're still going to need a Matty update.

Marilyn and Polly

8. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi, ((Suzanne)), what a sweet update. It is hard to believe it's only been a week.
    I love that Cobb is visiting. ♥
    Take care!

9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Wonderful to hear from you Suzanne!

I agree with the others too....Cobb loved you very much, so of course he's going to keep watch over you guys!

I totally understand about how hard it is to get out of the "routine". Peaches (my drooler) died in that fire at the kennel back on December 4th and I STILL occasionally find myself thinking as I walk in the door "better let the dog out". It gets better with time though.

(((Hugs to you, Matt and Matty)))

10. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

DH is very cheeky!

11. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

Cobb was such an icon on this forum, his condos are sorely missed! Continued hugs and healing vines to you for the loss of such a beloved friend!

12. Tonya and Tiki

Tonya and Tiki Well-Known Member

1 week and 1 day. Feels like an eternity has passed. I've had no visits from Tiki. More reason for me to feel like it was my fault. :(

13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

So great to see you, Suzanne. I'm glad Cobb is hanging out and visiting you. Funny about the musical puzzle. I'm sure it's very difficult to adjust to the change in your schedule added onto just missing Cobb. Hope we will see more of you when you are up to it.

@Tonya and Tiki :bighug:
    :bighug::bighug: Please don't blame yourself! Our Gussie didn't visit for a while and the animal communicator told us he was in a wonderful, beautiful light-filled place of peace. Give Tiki time....he's probably just having fun greeting all his other GA LL friends.

Tonya and Tiki likes this.
  14. Voula

Voula Well-Known Member

Hi Suzanne. Thinking of you as you miss your beloved Cobb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.