1/31 Blaze amps 165 +4 102 +6 88 +10 132 PMPS 113 +1 82 +2 56 +3 61 +4 100

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Blaze, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Beth 73 and AmandaE like this.
  2. Sarah and Blaze

@Si am cat mom

Responding to you from last nights thread, I saw your comment this morning but didn’t want to respond in the old thread and then have two threads going!
    I’ve been feeding Blaze 10% carb food when his PMPS is 100 or lower and it literally does nothing! I still end up having to steer him with 15-20% and usually the 15% doesn’t do much either and sometimes the 20% only brings him up a few points at a time. I’m wondering if I should try feeding him 12% at PMPS when he’s 100 or lower to see if that helps him surf a little better? Or should I continue with LC food and giving higher carb food when needed? Any advice from anyone?

3. Sherry and Blackie

Sherry and Blackie Member

Blaze is looking good. I notice you have an auto feeder. Can you put wet in that? Is it the microchip one? I'm trying to find one for Blackie. Have a great day Sarah.

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Blaze likes to go green at night! That was some nice time spent there. :D

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Very nice Blaze.

I have microchip and the Automatic 5 meal feeders. I use both depending on what's going on. She will eat all the chip feeder food right away. So I use the auto feeder for later.

6% food use to bring Ollie right up. Now 20% food doesn't the last couple of times. Way back when I use to feed 6% or 8% for breakfast to keep her from dropping to early, it worked until it didn't.

You just have to try and see what works, and as soon as you do they will change it up.

6. Sarah and Blaze

Thank you! Yes I have an auto feeder, I have the Petsafe 5 with 5 food compartments in it and I put wet food in to every day! I put LC wet food in at +3, +6 and +9 for the day time cycle and night time cycle, unless I feel like he needs more frequent snacks or if he needs higher carb food, then I just put the higher carb food in here. I have 2 civvies also, so I was concerned about them eating a Blaze’s snacks, but if he wants that snacks, he will run to the auto feeder or push his civvie siblings out of the way. Sometimes he doesn’t want it and lets them eat it.

AmandaE and Sherry and Blackie like this.
  7. Sarah and Blaze

He sure does!

8. Sherry and Blackie

Thank you ! I have 2 other cats and it's a real challenge to keep everyone happy . Momma ends up sleep deprived.

9. Sherry and Blackie

Thanks Sarah. I need to get that too.

10. Sarah and Blaze

You’re so right! As soon as something starts working, then it doesn’t anymore :joyful:

AmandaE likes this.
  11. Sarah and Blaze

You’re welcome! The auto feeder is a life saver for when I’m at work or need to go to bed. The auto chip feeders sound amazing when you have multiple cats who try to eat each other’s food, you can watch a video of how they work, they’re really cool. I’m lucky in the fact that Blaze will push his siblings out of the way when he wants the snack in the auto feeder:joyful:

Sherry and Blackie likes this.
  12. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice blues for Blaze. If you change the food you're feeling, just take good notes so you'll know what works.

Sarah and Blaze and AmandaE like this.
  13. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I need to better nail down how to stop Mowglis dives too! Friskies was making him puke so I stopped feeding it to him so now I have less higher % low carb options to choose from.

either way: Blaze looks awesome, you’re doing a great job :)

14. Sarah and Blaze

Ya I try to keep notes when I feed anything other than LC, I will keep doing that because it’s definitely showing me what works and what doesn’t with him!

15. Sarah and Blaze

It’s so hard to figure out! Even if I get a +1 and try to slow the drop, he still will keep diving if that’s his plan:facepalm: He does what he wants!
    Oh poor Mowgli! That’s a bummer about the Friskie’s:( I feed Blaze Friskies for his LC meals and then I have FF 12%, 13%, 15% and 20% for my other variety. I have Wellness minced chicken dinner which is 10% but that has not helped so far with slowing a drop :confused:

AmandaE likes this.
  16. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Thanks for the types you use! I have been mixing some 13% with 3% to try and slow mowgli. But lately at +1.5 I need to give him straight MC or he will tank!! These boys!!

17. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

With Makoto I don't see a difference until it's over 10%. For awhile I was giving him the 14% with his shot and +1 to hold a dose when we were running out of room for reductions.
    You could try it....see if you notice a difference maybe.

18. Sarah and Blaze

Ya I think I will try 12% at dinner time next time he’s at 100 or lower to see if that helps, 10% doesn’t nothing! If 12% doesn’t work, I will go up to 14% like you did.

AmandaE likes this.
  19. Sarah and Blaze

I should have tried 12% at dinner time tonight :facepalm:

Si am cat mom likes this.
  20. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

They never follow the playbook, huh.
    Cats :rolleyes::smuggrin:

21. Sarah and Blaze