1/4 Asia PMPS 142, +1 162, +2 128

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Stacy & Asia, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-3-asia-pmps-96-1-99-2-63-3-5-58-4-62-5-61.189045/

We have a lot of snow, it’s very pretty, don’t have to worry about driving in it because we walk or take the train, so we can just enjoy it.

Asia and I had a long night again, my body gave up, I set an alarm for +8, but I woke up at +10 instead. This is the pattern I’m seeing recently: she’s spending a loooooong bit in greens and then towards the last few hours of her cycle, freaks out and bounces and it takes her half of the next am cycle to slowly get back at it. Rinse, repeat.

Maybe they aren’t bounces, does loss of duration typically look more like a taper off or a sudden slam on the breaks? Can the slam on the breaks effect (like when you carb them up) be delayed a few hours after carbs are given?

This is what her eating schedule looks like in the PM: PMPS +1 through +3 food on demand, tiny meals (1-2 teaspoons) at +5, +6, +8, +9. +9 is her smallest meal, but she needs it so she doesn’t get stomach acid barf. All these meals are rad cat (no carb) with the exception of Karo/gravy food interventions which usually occur PMPS through +4/+5 depending on her numbers.

Asia laid in her litter box again today. She seemed happy to stay there and wouldn’t come out when I signaled to her. I grabbed a food bowl to show her and then she decided to come out. She ate a wee bit and then when back to the litter box and pooped. Maybe she just couldn’t go? Stools looked normal other than smelling bad (a recent development) and she wasn’t straining.

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Stacy,
    The "bounce", or whatever it is toward the end of the cycle, is part of Rusty's relatively recent pattern, too. But then he has a big drop--not a gradual one. I think it might be that the dose doesn't have enough duration, but I don't want to raise the dose because his nadir is often very low, or on the low side. Both of our kitties are senior citizens, so it may be owing to their age. And ECID. :cat:

Is there no way you can set up a feeder so that you don't have to get up at all hours of the night? Maybe you could try a canned food instead of RadCat, which, as I understand it, is frozen raw and not well suited to an auto feeder?
    I can recommend RAWZ. You can get it at Whiskers on E. 9th St.
    p.s. I just checked and it is not on their list of cat foods, but I saw it there the last time I was in NYC.

Anyway, good luck with Asia's "issues". Stay warm down there! I think cold weather "feels" colder in NYC than it does up here in the Adirondacks.

3. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Maggie sometimes lies in the LB. It appears to be when she needs to pee or poo, but it's not happening. Nice to enjoy the snow when I doesn't cause you any problems!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  4. Stacy & Asia

So tricky, thanks for your insight.

I do have an autofeeder and I use it with her raw food by putting ice cubes on the food, it works great! It can do 4 meals at once and I'm up until +4 at least, most night. So +5,6,8,9 are on the autofeeder. She wants to go nibble a bit every hour and that's the best I can do because some sleep is needed! ;)

I feel spoiled here, when we were in Brooklyn, we were right by the water and it was always 10 degrees colder and windy! I have enough layers and do okay, except for my face. :joyful:

5. Stacy & Asia

I hope that's the case here too. Sure is a weird/gross new habit. Thankfully the litter box is always free of pee/poo but I still wouldn't call that "clean" o_O

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

I know, I try not to think about it. Of course they walk through it and scratch in it all the time, but I guess that's not as bad as having it on the belly...

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what loss of duration looks like vs. a bounce. Maybe put the question in your subject line.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  8. Stacy & Asia

Trying to stay warm over here, the whole building is without heat on the coldest night we’ve had this season! :eek:

Super came around and gave us 2 small space heaters. Hope they fix this quickly. Never needed to warm up Asia’s ears before but think I will need to tonight! :facepalm:

Saw that +1 and thought maybe sleep could be on the agenda tonight, saw the +2 and thought maybe not. This bean is tired! Have one houseguest until Saturday, been running on fumes since a week before Christmas. :blackeye:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.