1/4 Rex dental today BG 62 at end of day

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandy & Rex (GA), Jan 4, 2019.

1. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Last condo was about me scheduling Rex's dental and not being able to get him in until February 1st.

Due to people reminding me to ask about adding Rex to the cancelation list, I finally remembered to do so on 12/31. My mind don't hold onto my to-do stuff very well. :rolleyes: Then on 1/2, I got an email from the vet asking if I wanted to get Rex in today and I jumped at the opportunity. I got really lucky there.

I was getting concerned about Rex because I could tell his mouth was bothering him more and more. Just yesterday, he didn't finish all his food the last 2 meals. Timing couldn't have been better. His BG numbers have been steady - whew.

The soonest I can pick him up is at 3:00 CST. I dropped him off at 8:00. I have to work 12:30-3:00 so that will keep my mind occupied. :nailbiting:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Dental vines for Rex. Calming thoughts for your nerves today. :bighug:

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  3. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

These are for you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Dental days are so uncertain and nerve wracking. Sending dental vines for Rex.

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good luck! :)

5. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending dental vines! :bighug:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending dental vines and calming prayers for you. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Sending perfect dental vines to Rex.

8. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Hooray! I'm so glad they were able to get you in sooner! You're almost there! But I'm still sending dental vines for Rex and calming vines for you! :bighug::bighug:

9. Mandy & Rex (GA)

I got a call from the vet just before 11. They wanted to run additional tests to figure out why Rex lost so much weight (9/10ths of a pound) since his check up I said I put him on a diet and had to adjust. I also told them Rex didn't eat much yesterday. I said we can run those tests at his next check up if needed. It was just my error with his diet.

They said they would do his cleaning after lunch because they had an emergency surgery. They called me at 3:30 to let me know he just came off the table Everything went well. He lost a tooth on the lower left side. I was surprised because he was protective of his right side. Cats! :rolleyes: I'll pick him up in half an hour.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  10. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news that it all went well. I hope he continues to improve.

11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Mandy, I'm glad the dental went well for Rex! That's always so nerve wracking isn't it? I'm hoping once he gets home and settled he'll be eating up a storm :) Best to you both-Happy New Year!

12. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good news! :)

13. Mandy & Rex (GA)

And now Rex is pacing all over the house. He can't be still. I remember others talking about this with their cats after anesthesia. His eyes are big. He cries once in a while. I have bupe to give later.

14. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Rex is home. The anesthesia is probably still affecting him since his procedure was later than expected. Sending comfort vines for both of you!:bighug::bighug:

Our civie was like that after his dental last year. I went to pick him up and they asked me to come back later because he was so loopy. It's hard to see. He was pretty much himself by bedtime.

15. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

My buddy Lou was like a drunken sailor when he came home after his dental. Off balance, weaving and wobbling all over, and he'd sleep with his eyes open... that or he didn't have enough control over himself to work his eyelids. He had most of his teeth extracted though, and he's had more extreme, long-term reactions to anesthesia in the past. He slowly improved, but he was pretty out of it the rest of the night. He was back to himself the next morning though. I'm so glad that Rex is home and the offending tooth is history. Sending healing and comfort vines your way!

16. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Glad Rex the dental went well and Rex is home. I hope he eats better now that the offending tooth was removed.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Rex never had trouble eating all this time until yesterday. I just checked his BG and got 62. Then I offered him food again and he ate this time. He wasn't interested 3 hours ago. His eyes are coming back to normal.

18. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Yay! That is the way to do it! You didn't have time to get anxious about and everything turn out good. So glad everything went well. :bighug:

19. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I am so glad the dental is behind you and that the bad tooth got removed before causing issues with his BG’s. Hope the anesthesia doesn’t keep him up 24 hours like it did for Bubba.

20. Mandy & Rex (GA)

So that was Bubba. I thought I remembered that story.

I think he went and settled in on his big bed after eating. He's not pacing anymore.

Poor Precious. He was so worried this morning. He went and slept on Rex's big bed for the first time ever. But when Rex came home acting off, Precious avoided him. I wonder if it reminded him of his own tooth extraction in 2017 (severely infected and abcessed canine tooth).

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  21. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Glad all went well. Precious likely smelled the vet on him.

Rhubarb was hilarious after her dental. Huge eyes, energy like a kitten with the grace of a newborn foal. She kept having her feet slide out from under her if she sat on the lino. Poor girl, but we couldn't stop laughing. Took her all evening to come down enough to hold still.