1/5/18 Mango amps 113,@+4 61,@+5 70,@+6 61,@+9 88,@+11 145,pmps 151, @+1 133,@+2 87, @+5.25 65

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lesliejm, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Back at the Lagoon again.:D

Good job giving him a snack, hopefully that will help level him out.

As he is at +4, and in the earlier part of the cycle, you may find that he will continue to drop for a while yet. Until you see him start to come up or at least stay pretty flat, don't assume he is done with dropping.
    At the moment we don't know if he dropped fast at +2, then leveled off, or if this drop just happened in the last hour. If it's the latter, then one would need to pay more attention than if he dropped to say 65 at +2 and was now still in the 60's. The number he is at the moment is important, but just as important (if not more) is the direction that number is heading. If a number is rising, then we can relax a bit, if it's falling we need to keep our wits about us and monitor more closely, if they are level, you want to keep one eye open, but you are probably in safer waters (depending where in the cycle you are)

Looking at the ss, he seems to Nadir at around +5, though at times he has nadired later (its a cats prerogative to keep you guessing), so he may not drop much further.... but safety first, I'd check him again no later than +5

3. Gill & George

Yesterday's Condo

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-169-3-5-92-4-75-77-6-96-9-112-10-109.189078/

We usually post a link to the previous days condo (post), that way anyone stopping by to help you can easily look back to see what happened historically and what advice was given. It helps save a lot of time, which, when you are trying to help several folk at once is really helpful.

If you could remember to do that I would be eternally grateful:)

Thanks

4. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Yes I plan on testing him at 5 and can you help me by letting me know how do I post a link to yesterday's condo I'm not very tech-savvy:D

5. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Okay, going up. 70 now

6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Looking great Mango! Good job Leslie!

7. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Well look at you, Mango! Leslie, were you able to get more strips? Looks like Mango might be spending a good amount of time in the lagoon. :D:D:D

8. Stacy & Asia

Go to your yesterday's condo and open it, click on the web bar at the top of your screen (wherever you would type in a wed address), select that whole address, right click and copy it, and then come to your new condo for today and paste it in a comment. You can try it today even though your condo is already linked just to make sure you got it down. Let me know if you have any questions.

Gill & George likes this.
  9. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

I am using the old meter. I found a few of those strips. I am going in a little bit to get the strips for my Relion confirm. I will check him with those when I get back. Lazy day again. So cold just want to snuggle under the covers! I live in south Florida and it is cold! Thank you so much! I would be lost without you guys! I have learned so much and I still need and want to learn more and understand the numbers better. I am also going to get 1/2 unit syringes today to make it easier since he is on such a low amount. Off to shower with HOT water! Lol

Gill & George and Stacy & Asia like this.
  10. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Thx!

11. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

Lovely numbers!!

12. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

13. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Feeding lunch then off to get strips.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  14. Stacy & Asia

15. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Still in the lagoon!:bighug: What to shoot now!

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  16. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

He wants to eat! What do I do????? He ate at 11:30 and he's hungry now.

17. Stacy & Asia

Are you at PMPS?

18. Stacy & Asia

If you are not at PMPS, it’s too soon to consider what to do at shot time. If you are within 2 hours of shot time and he is hungry, can you give him a no carb snack like freeze dried chicken or some boiled chicken to tide him over? Since his number is green, you really don’t want the preshot number to be food influenced so you’ll know what to do when you shoot.

19. Stacy & Asia

Also, if you have a time sensitive question, change the title of your current condo to say something like “can I feed him now” and select the ? prefix, that way people know you are waiting for an answer ;)

20. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

He ate 2 bites. No more for now.

21. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Where is the link on how to make your own food?

22. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

:)

23. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

This is Nutro Perfect portions. They do not have carb info.What do you think? Mango likes this. No info on Dr. Lisa's list.
    INGREDIENTS
    Chicken, Chicken Liver, Pork Broth, Chicken Broth, Shrimp, Natural Flavor, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Fish Oil (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Tapioca Starch, Salt, Taurine, Choline Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1), Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Potassium Iodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Copper Sulfate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K Activity).

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS
    Crude Protein (Min.) 12.0%
    Crude Fat (Min.) 5.0%
    Crude Fiber (Max.) 1.0%
    Moisture (Max.) 78.0%
    Ash (Max) 3.5%
    Taurine (Min.) 0.06%

24. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

That food seems to be 0-0.5% carbs. You can contact the company and ask for the as fed values.

25. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

I just called Nutro and the Pates are 0.77 carbs and the wild Frontier pates are 1.88 carbs. Pierson has no info. Mango loves these and I was hesitant to feed because Pierson had blank info on them.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  26. Gill & George

I suspect that's because they did not give her the data she required.

Did they give you the as fed values and you calculated?
    Or did they give you the carb value? If they gave you the carb value was it an as fed value?

27. Gill & George

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, for some reason I didn't get your notification.

I'm glad Stacy was able to help you with the link question.

Really nice numbers today.

Hope you get to the store for some more of those strips, you might be looking at your lowest preshot yet, so you will want to not be worrying about running out of strips.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  28. Stacy & Asia

29. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

No, they just gave me the carbs of each flavor.

30. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

got the new strips, used them on plus 9. Ready to do +11 now.

31. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

@+11 145??????????? :arghh::banghead:

32. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

He only had a few licks of FF!! 2 hours ago!

33. Gill & George

Mango read his thread and thought he'd throw us a curve ball.

I take it he's still feeling well?

I'm having an early night, have a headache.
    Don't worry if he's a little higher at pmps. Stick to the 0.25 u

He had great numbers this morning,, look at the positive.

Night night.

34. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

Night! Feel better!

35. Lesliejm

Lesliejm Member

pmps 151

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.