1/5 buddy amps190, pmps 260~ dose help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marci and Buddy, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marci and Buddy

Marci and Buddy Member

what does a kitty have to do to get help in this new forum?
    not sure whats happened to my Buddy, but his green is gone, mostly,
    and don't know what to do about dosing. went up to a fat .75 from .75,
    but now his #'s are erratic. best to increase again? Is this common , to all of a sudden not do well after being stable for alomst a year? Suggestion very much appreciated.

2. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

has anything changed? diet, health, behaviour? how's he acting?

3. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

I know Lev is supposed to last longer than Lantus but it is noted on your ss that you started a new vial on 11/02. Could it be that you need to start a new vial?
    Would it still be good for over 2 months?

4. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Am not sure I can help you either. Any chance you could get spot checks in different spots and a few more in the evening?

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

insulin needs do change from time to time, sometimes going up, sometimes going down. I do agree that some different spot checks in the evening would help (earlier tests), but it looks like you have room to increase the dose per the German protocol http://www.tillydiabetes.net/en_6_protocol2.htm

"Most cats need to have their dose increased. Do it in 0.25 IU or 0.5 IU steps (0.25 IU if the cat is getting a low dose and/or relatively low BGs, 0.5 IU if the cat is getting a higher dose and/or relatively high BGs). Hold each dose for 5-7 days."

Sometimes you have to raise the dose a little bit to kick things back into gear, and it might only take a couple of shots at the new dose to "jumpstart" Buddy's numbers. What do you think?

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

One of the things that I see on your SS is that at times when Buddy's numbers were less than 50 you didn't take a decrease in dose (e.g., 12/10, 12/14, 12.21). This may be why you were seeing more green - Buddy kept trying to tell you he needed less insulin. In addition, rather than decreasing from 0.75, you fattened the dose. I'm not sure what to suggest but for what it's worth, it's my observation. One of the more experienced LLers will be better able to interpret.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.