1/5 Luci AMPS 230

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Saturday

Luci and that lemon tree...her SS has those consistent yellow bookends AM and PM .... I do wish she would break out of that routine.

And looking at the SS, I see it's been 6 cycles without a green - looks like a failed reduction and we'll be going back to 1.25 tonight to see if Luci will respond to that dose - she seemed to like it for quite a while - so there, dose increase threat issued - let's see if she's reading my comments and hears me - if so, she might hit those greenies again today - if not, back up we go.

She had the zoomies early this morning - klop, klop, klop with that cast...just think in 24 hours she's going to her best buddy (not) the vet to have another x-ray and hopefully to remove this cast once and for all!

Prayers and thoughts to our sweet Boomer @Judy and Boomer this morning.

Hope you all have a pleasant Sunday and that your kitties surf safely!

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Thank you Sue. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yay for getting rid of that pesky cast in 24 hours!!!!

Sonia & Leo and Sue and Luci like this.
  4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

What wonderful news that Luci will be losing her cast! She wants you to give her until after that, to work on her bookends, ha!
    With Tina, feeding at +8, in both cycles, lowered the pre shot numbers. I've read in other cats - usually those on a little higher dose, feeding then might increase pre-shot numbers. I always fed at AMPS +8, but got the AMPS down by feeding at PMPS +8 (or 9) per Marje's advice (for Tina).
    I know you understand a lot about Luci's diabetes Sue . . . I'm just always thinking of food/carb balance as a way to manipulate or stabilize those numbers. If every cat wasn't different, this game sure would be easier! Plus, the +8 feeding that worked for us with Lantus, might need manipulating with Levemir.

I hope you have a beautiful Florida Sunday:)

Sue and Luci and Sonia & Leo like this.
  5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

If she only knew it was only a matter of a little while longer huh
    Bella was right there with her tbis am and decided to was gonna take a dive
    Have a great day Sue

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Maybe paint those lemons green and it will be a line tree......just thinking outside the box.

She will really zoom when cast is off.

7. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Oh Luci, you're so stubborn. I'm not sure when you feed Sue, but if you don't feed late meals, it might be worth trying to see if it brings her down for her preshots. We feed Lou every 3 hours, including +9s, and it frequently seems to either help him surf or remind his pancreas to work a bit. Who knows if it would work for Luci, since she does her own thing, but you never know. I am sending vetty vines for tomorrow. I hope she can get that cast off!!! Have a wonderful day Sue!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's good to hear Luci is feeling so well. I hope she can get the cast off tomorrow.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  9. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Luci read your post this morning!! :joyful: What a funny girl you are, Luci Cat!!!
    Looks like you have an early apt in the morning, I hope it goes really well and we can all celebrate Luci's CASTOFF day!!!
    Have a good evening Sue! :)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Looks like the dose crease warning did the trick!

Sue and Luci likes this.