1-5 Ozgood AMPS 380

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ozgood, Jan 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ozgood

Ozgood Member

2. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I just think it looks like you're shooting water. Even the 200's you got in one cycle could be explained by it being longer since he's eaten.

When I have been suspicious of punkin's insulin (which always turned out to be fine), i've started a new pen/vial while keeping the old one in the fridge. If the numbers changed, then you can point to the old insulin as maybe being compromised. If they stay the same, you know the insulin isn't the issue, and can focus on the dose instead.

Not sure if you want to do that, or if you have another vial/pen to try. Personally, I'd trust insulin that came straight from the pharmacy more than insulin that came through any intermediary. I think if i were you, i'd contact the vet and tell them it doesn't seem like the insulin is working.

It is true that too high of a dose can cause high numbers. But what makes me wonder about this is because the numbers aren't just high, they are almost motionless. No highs, no lows. just flat, and about what you'd expect if he wasn't on insulin at all. The first cycle after you started this insulin looked fairly normal, but after that (thinking as the depot decreased) it's all 300's.

I don't know - i could totally be wrong. Maybe it's all dose-related. But it's so expensive I would definitely phone the vet and ask them if any other clients have commented - i'd also ask about the history of that insulin; if it was refrigerated, etc., and how long they'd had it or if it had been used before being sold to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.