1-6-17 - Jones - AMPS 207, +2 196, +4 176, PMPS 160

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Looks like a bit of a bounce today. He may have gone green last night but with the +4 being the same as +2 I figured he wouldn't drop to much lower. Can't change that so onto today. Looks like a bit of a bounce. He isn't too hungry today it seems. He ate every bit of his night food though.

Went looking for some of those duck pate suggestions I got this week. Struck out at 3 stores. The local Bone&Biscuit, Pet Value and the local Global pets. So going farther afield. See if I can find a place where I can buy a can of something to try.

Other than that, the deep freeze has left the praires and we are melting today. Crazy winter weather.

Jones is cuddly and purring lots lately. He has a check up with the IM next Friday. See what he says.

Last Condo

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    Kaori &Utyun and Juliet like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like Jones is sliding down slowly for you. I hope he keeps heading down. Good luck with the food hunt.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. Juliet

Juliet Guest

You gone back in time to 2017 there :). Like those numbers. Nice.

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Slow improvement. Adding in the MC to stop bounces, going up in dose. Which we may need one more to hit green if I don't see anything by next weekend. I know he can go a little bit lower and stay below 150.

Juliet and Stacy & Asia like this.
  5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Hope you have better luck finding food and hope Jones comes down a bit more for you. :bighug:

6. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Doing same here.

7. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hi Tracey, I haven't had any luck finding Canidae or Koha in any local pet supply stores here in Calgary. Hounds and Gatos should be available at Tail Blazers, and I can find Nature's Variety and Merrick at Pet Planet. They also carry Go, which has a duck pate. Petsmart carries the Nutro. Hope you are enjoying the thaw up there, we've had a nice Chinook these past few days, today was downright balmy at 7 deg C :)

8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

@Christie & Maverick

It was plus 3 today! Really nice and sunny. I have seen Koha....I think at Pet Planet. Was going to check that out and the Bone & Biscuit on the west end tends to have some more exotic choices.

I found the Go at the local B&B, so picked up a can. Just was kinda of :confused: at the list of veggies. The Merrick I have seen at Pet Value...just need to check the ingredients on that one. We do have G&E Pharmacy and they tend to also have all the unique brands and flavours. Was going to check out to see how expensive their diabetic suppliers were. I know I was getting a prescription filled there at one point for my drooler and they were like half the price of the vet.

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  9. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I've heard good things about G&E Pharmacy, it would be great if they carry diabetic supplies that are cheaper than the usual places :rolleyes:. The Go wasn't a hit with my boys, but that was a few years back, maybe they've improved the formula...I hear you about the veggies, I still have a couple of cans of old label Wellness, there are small visible cubes of carrot...the boys tend to spit those out lol. I've been on the hunt for a replacement food since the Wellness formula change. I've not tried the Merrick but for the backcountry pouches, I like those for my 11-12% intervention carbs if Mav drops too quickly.

I just saw a Bone & Biscuit open near me a few months ago, I've been meaning to check it out...then it got cold and started snowing, then there was Christmas...so I've been waiting for a convenient time to go ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.