1/6 Silver AMPS 268 +2=319; +4=301; +6=275; +8=299; PMPS 288; +2=279

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Good - looks like a non-bouncing curve today. Heading back to bed now.

2. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good deal! Silver, give your mama-bean some nice data.

Juliet likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you get some good data today.

4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thanks. Same data as all of the past ten days so far - all pinks and yellows.

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  5. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Gave him some food at +6

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am glad you can get some good data today. And snacks too! He must think it is Christmas all over again!

How you feeling today Juliet? How was physio?

Juliet likes this.
  7. Juliet

Juliet Guest

You know, the data is the same I manage to get every week. I really do think I should have increased last week. Holding had no purpose except bring his numbers higher. Increasing to 2.25 tomorrow. I do a curve every weekend so nothing new. He didn’t finish his snack. He really doesn’t want more food than his usual twice a day feeding.

I’m pretty sore and very exhausted. Lying on the couch and just getting up to test Silver. Thanks for asking :).

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  8. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised . You rest up best you can and take care of you missus.

Juliet likes this.
  9. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Not surprised at that at all. Physio days was the worse on DH. He would sleep all afternoon after. Make sure to rest and get some good nutrition in! Stretch to keep those muscles loose!

I will leave the dose increase discussion for the experts. I think he looks better overall, those reds though...makes me think he may have seen blue.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  10. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I already made the decision to increase.

11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

I wish you luck on the increase! Hope we see some better numbers overall.

12. Juliet

Juliet Guest

That's the first time I've seen a lower PMPS than at +8. I didnt get a +10 as I fell asleep and was presuming he was on the way up now after the +8 was higher than +6. Was fully expecting pink at PMPS. Anyone know why they might go lower again?

13. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Lantus has a known double dip effect, doesn't happen with all cats, all the time, but it's a known thing. It happens to Asia rather frequently, you can see it in her SS. As long as the second dip number is higher than nadir, it's probably this.

14. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Interesting thanks. I’d not heard that before.

15. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Jones has done that to me a couple of times.

Juliet likes this.
  16. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I think the extra food is making a difference to his numbers but he doesn’t seem that interested so I’m halving the extra. I may try the catsickle idea when I have more energy to prepare it.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  17. Tracey&Jones (GA)

The idea of the food is that not only does it help if he goes low while you are gone, is that that digestion process is engaged and hopefully "poke" the pancreas and system to come to life and work again - like a normal body. So while the insulin helps keep kitty lower and help repair the damage (glucose toxicity from what I understand of it) the act of normal eating can help things along as well.

Now that doesn't always work in all kitties and all cats don't have the same eating patterns.

You might have to split his daily portion over your planned meal times. I am sure you will figure it out when you can. Just make sure to take care of yourself during your recovery period. Physio is an energy sucker!

Juliet likes this.
  18. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Personally I think this is glucose toxicity. The insulin has done absolutely nothing today. His numbers have stayed the same all day. Well at least we know we can safely increase tomorrow. Been over a week since he even saw a blue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.