1/7 Champ AMPS 318, +1 358, +2.5 269, 4+ 308, +7 423, PMPS 424, +2 330, +4 383

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patty & Champ, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Last night, it seemed Champ made it over whatever hump has been holding him back. On Saturday's, my daughter and I go to my elderly parents house for dinner and a movie. We usually go late afternoon so we can do whatever tasks they'd like us to do. My mom was even able to make dinner last night which is a HUGE accomplishment!! So, as usual for a Saturday night, I got home later than Champ's usual shot time, one hour to be exact. He actually was in the living room waiting for me to get home to feed him! He ate his entire meal plus a little extra. When I tested him, I couldn't believe it was 302. Because I knew I was very tired and would probably not stay awake for testing, I decided not to give him the R and I dropped him back down to 1.75u. Why? I don't really know. My rationalization was that if he's gotten over the hump, I don't want him to have too much insulin going through him. This morning, I again gave him 1.75u, but I also gave him the R since I'll be here and awake. Again this morning, he ate his entire breakfast with no help from me and ate it all. And, most importantly, it was the Iams food that's good for his kidneys. If after a couple days his blood sugars don't do as well today as yesterday, I'll increase him back to the 2u. I'm going to be busy today, but I'll try to check in now and again. Have a great Sunday, everyone!!

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Champ is eating good for you. I hope he slides down and surfs today.

Patty & Champ likes this.
  3. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

Champ ate all of a second meal around +3 so his +4.5 doesn't bother me too much. We'll see where he goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.