1/7 Silver AMPS 313 +8=329 PMPS 355

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the new dose helps bring Silver's numbers down. :bighug:

Juliet likes this.
  3. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

It's a low pink, and if you consider meter variance, he has looked pretty flat.

Good luck with the increase.
    Not all cats get NDW;)
    FWIW George never did.

Juliet likes this.
  4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Bad day. Just managed to drop his insulin vial and smash it. Soooo annoyed as I’ve had to borrow $ to get a new vial when a vial from someone via the Supply Closet is on its way to me and likely will arrive tomorrow. Still need to dose tonight and tomorrow morning tho. How long will the vial last once opened?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  5. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Do you have any relatives or friends close by who are diabetic and use Lantus?

Kathy and TiTi and Stacy & Asia like this.
  6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

So sorry, Juliet. :( That's some bum luck. Anyone diabetic at your church on Lantus you could maybe borrow a bit from unitl it arrives tomorrow? For the future, the pens are covered in plastic and less easy to break (and much cheaper than the vials) if you've ever thought of going that direction. :bighug:

Juliet likes this.
  7. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I have no relatives OR friends nearby. I am in this country alone.

8. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I had to go and buy a new vial. My church is in the next door city and I don't know that any of them are diabetic. I have taken out tonight's and tomorrow's dose and put the cap right back on it. Hoping with the cap on and air not getting to it then it will keep while I use the one being sent to me (that one is already open and only good to April). I didn't have enough money for the cartridges (no pens here) as they are sold in packs of five for more money than I had. They don't sell them singly here.

9. Juliet

Juliet Guest

And I dunno WHAT is with the pinks today - seriously Silver - yellows were good you know.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  10. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Oh that’s right, Canada rules! :p The packs of 5 cost more than the vial? Eep!

When you say you took out the dose for tonight and tomorrow, do you mean you have made some prefilled syringes? Just want to say that is not recommended because the Lantus is so quirky and the lubrication from the syringes start to break it down, it’s never a good idea to let it sit in a syringe for more than a few minutes.

Don’t know if this is something you could incorporate into your routine, but when I started, I used a vial and was afraid of breaking it. My vial was stored in a prescription jar and I carried it in that jar over to my bed, the couch, an area rug, some place specifically to draw it so that if it dropped it would have a soft landing.

11. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Juliet, sorry you are having a frustrating day! :bighug:

Juliet likes this.
  12. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Flippin' well typical isn't it.
    Soz this has happened Juliet.

Alone is not good.

Juliet likes this.
  13. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Yes I know it’s not recommended but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I prefilled for the week I was in the UK as sitter couldn’t do it. Never did any harm and the amount of insulin is so microscopic. We can be overly careful sometimes. Needs must. It’s not by choice but occasionally a necessity.

Prescription jar?? We don’t have those.

A vial is $80 pack of five cartridges $145

14. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I have a good church family but we are very spread out. The church meets in the next city to me and we come from five different cities. I don’t have anyone within 45 mins of me.

15. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I get a pack of 4 pens for $95 at Costco. No prescription needed.
    I think we had this condo. You don't have a card to you? Maybe I can buy it for you and ship to you. Or maybe there is a member closer that can work with you.

It is $15 bucks more but with 5 pens you have 300 units each.

Juliet likes this.
  16. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry about the vial. When Furball first started on insulin, I used the vial. Mine lasted a year. They can last a long time if you take care of them and keep them refrigerated. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Juliet likes this.
  17. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thanks but I just bought the vial. That should last a while - I don’t have a card. I didn’t have the $80 as it was let alone $15 more. Gotta figure that one out as I just used part of my rent money.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  18. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

I've no suggestions, but just want to ask, What country are you in?

Juliet likes this.
  19. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I’m in Canada. I’m fine tho. Thanks :) I meant alone as in all my family are in Scotland. My friends live about 45 mins away in the next city. Used to live there but moved as cheaper here. Want to move back but every single posting says no pets.

20. Juliet

Juliet Guest

What is UP with all these pinks today. Too early for NDW?

21. Kathy and TiTi

Sheesh! That stinks. Before I bought my house, I rented, and since my cat(s) were always indoors, I simply slipped them in. None of my landlords ever uttered a peep. I don't think they ever knew. A friend of mine, in the same situation, did get found out. She claimed to be cat-sitting for a family member, just for a few weeks. As weeks rolled into months, the whole problem seemed to fade.

22. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I’d never sneak them in. Especially as I live in basement apartments. Landlord lives upstairs. Not fair to sneak in.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  23. Kathy and TiTi

Well, not my sense of fairness , but at any rate, it's not at all feasible when living in the landlord's house

Juliet likes this.
  24. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Gotcha. When it rains it pores it seems.

Juliet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.