1/7 TiTi still doing fine. Bounced, but hit 97BG - GREEN

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and TiTi, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...t-healthy-reducie-to-8-5.189220/#post-2104791

Looking good. :woot: Hopefully the bouncing will soon resolve, unless, of course, she is still on too high a dose of insulin.
    I worry anyway, but right now I'm a helicopter cat-mum. I don't think I realized until now, just how fragile she is, and how quickly she can go down. Without my quick intervention, she might have gone down too low to saave her. That brings up a question about vacations, or even a very long day away from home. I may need surgery soon, but I can't imagine leaving TiTi in the care of someone who only comes in twice a day.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see that green. I hope TiTi keeps surfing for you. You can always adjust the dose if you need to be away from home.

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  3. Kathy and TiTi

It's not the dose that concerns me, it's that TiTi went downhill suddenly and fast. A twice a day cat sitter might miss that, and that might be the end of TiTi.

4. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I was thinking if you lowered the dose when you know you're not going to be home, TiTi would not drop as low.

6. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I suppose boarding her at a vet would be out of the question?

I'm so glad she's better. I know how worried you were.

7. Kathy and TiTi

Yes, I understood you. But TiTi was not dropping low, when she got so sick. She was high. The problem is that she's prone to pancreatitis and herpes, and constipation. All three medical problems happened together on January 3, and she crashed. The low bg came January 5, after she was recovering. So my fear is that this might happen again, when I'm away.

8. Kathy and TiTi

Not my regular vet. She'd be alone 12 hours, and anyway they won't do it, because they don't have overnight staff, nor do they do emergencies any more. The only vet I know who boards, charges around $8o/day. If I were still working at Dell, I could swing it, but I'm not.

In Africa, in Dr. Schweitzer's hospital, the whole family came in, even brought their goat. Too bad he's gone, and his hospital with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.