1/7 Willows pmps 246bg

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Willow, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willow

Willow Well-Known Member

Good morning

Been dealing with some odd numbers, the more we increase her insulin the higher her numbers go.

We opened a new tube to see if the last one went bad and still getting high numbers. Hopefully she comes back down to safe numbers.

Sorry for not posting in awhile, we have a guest from out of the country staying with us and my time has been spent with them.

Previous tread http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-1-18-willows-amps-228-bg.188931/

2. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Great to see post from you. Hope Willow sees better numbers soon. Maybe she doesn't like guests. :)

I hope more experienced eyes will comment on dose. Meanwhile, happy 2018 (your SS has 2018 tab w/ 2017 dates). ;)

Willow likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think what you are seeing is bouncing. It's possible Willow went lower the night before you got the red. I hope she flattens out for you soon. Don't forget dosing is based on the nadir and not the pre-shot numbers. I hope you are enjoying your time with your guest.

Willow likes this.
  4. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Glad to see you back.
    Wow, those are some great greens. Is there something I'm missing? I don't see high numbers, except right before those lovely greens

Willow likes this.
  5. Willow

Willow Well-Known Member

Hi
    We had an issue with how we were reading the sayings between my wife and I clearly I had been reading it wrong, this is why we would see these crazy numbers up or down depending on who gave willow her shot,
    willow was hitting pink and red with staying in yellow after we figured out the discrepancy between us.
    We upped her amount and her number went up not down. We changed out the pen insulin a few days ago, today she plummeted really fast. My wife gave her some HC food when she hit 56bg because she was leaving the house.
    We think the old pen insulin went bad, there was only a little left in it.
    Between us having to get on the same page on reading the syringe and the possibility of the insulin going bad we fell like we are back to figuring out the correct dose.

Good thing we are battle tested!

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  6. Willow

Willow Well-Known Member

That is a possibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.