1/8 Cori's Tommy OTJ Trial Day 2! +48 (am) 86! :D

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cori and Tommy, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cori and Tommy

Cori and Tommy Member

I meant to post yesterday and I got so busy, sorry! I was a little nervous that first night because when I got home his pm number was 105! But it went back down and was in the greens all yesterday. Unfortunately I wasn't home to be able to get his pre-dinner (normally +12/pmps) number. I'm not quite sure the best way of saying the +hour numbers anymore, I guess this morning's normally pre-shot number is now +48? Its going to get tough after a few days keeping track! haha

I'm SO glad he's doing well so far, I will be sure to try and get lots of spot checks this weekend to see how he does.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi! Happy Day 2! Not sure if u got this, but Libby passed down these instructions for trial.
    As for spot checking - I'm not going there :lol: cuz I'm still an addict, so I'll let someone else fill u in on that.

I'm pretty sure u can post ur opening thread like this for eaxample: 01/08 Cori's Tommy AMBG 86 OTJ Trial Day 2
    The +48 hours, u can put in your body text if u have spotchecks :lol:
    I had a blue AMBG too, but as the instructions say, it's ok to have a blue! Keep us posted everyday ok? Very happy for you and Tommy kitty!

Libby's instructions:
    Here's what you do:

Test at your normal AMPS and PMPS times. Feed multiple small meals throughout the day as much as possible (small meals are less likely to overwhelm a newly functioning pancreas).

If he is green at your normal test times, no need to test further until the next "PS" time, just feed small meals and go about your day. If he is blue, feed a small meal and test again after about 3 hours. If his number is lower 3-4 hours after a meal, then his pancreas is working!

Post every day so we can monitor your progress and see if any tweaks are needed. It is not unusual for cats to get lots of blue during their trial, especially at first. Don't panic and don't shoot unless we tell you to.

After 14 days of no insulin, we have a party!

3. Cori and Tommy

Cori and Tommy Member

Thanks for posting! You would think after all these years of being on here I would know but I don't :mrgreen: Well I'll just do the am and pm then and hopefully he's all green!!

4. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

Wow! this is so great to see! :D

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Great AMBGs for Tommy today! Yay!!!!!
    Happy Day 2!!! :mrgreen:

6. Jennifer and Porky

Jennifer and Porky Member

Happy day #2! :D

Keep it up, Tommy - go go go! bcatrun_gif

7. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Way to go, Tommy! Keep up the good numbers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.