1/8 Kitty AMPS 82, +6 54. Dose qstn

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and Kitty, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

See below for dose qstn.
    Yesterday:
    http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1641&p=15247#p15247

After last night's posts, i feel better about Kitty's smaller appetite: I'm calling it hibernation! And since bears lose weight over the winter, I don't see any reason why both Kitty and I shouldn't have lost several pounds by spring, just by sleeping. :lol:

Last night we lost a drop off the top of the dose, to a true 1.75 fat, and he seems to like it fine. :D

2. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 Kitty AMPS 82

Nice number for Kitty. He can hibernate but you can't, need you comments on the board. Have a great day!

3. Kathy and Kitty

At least I'll have an excuse for not losing my holiday pounds! :lol:

4. Barbara and tuffy

What, am I encouraging you to find an excuse? Shame on me. Pat Kitty for us.

5. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 1/8 Kitty +6 54 - and I must leave!

DANG! He ate breakfast; he ate at +2, and a snack at +4, and now this, and I really have to leave in 20 minutes.

I just fed him 1/4 can, and I'll test again.

is it safe to leave?

I could give him a little HC gravy before I go.

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/8 Kitty AMPS 82, +6 54, need advice!

I think you're OK. You don't have many checks other than at +6 so it's hard to know if this is Kitty's nadir. If you're nervous, I'd feed a bit of MC rather than HC. Kitty usually surfs at these numbers. Maybe you could do a curve this weekend so you know where Kitty's nadir currently is so you have that data.

7. Kathy and Kitty

Sienne, thanks. Stupid me, I don't have MD, so I drizzled a teaspoon of gravy on his LC.

lately he has not come UP at PMPS from +6, which is why I worried.

I will get more tests over the weekend. Will clear the "need advice" from my cell when I'm where I'm going!!

8. Barbara and tuffy

Kathy: Does he self feed. Looked at you ss. Pehaps a few +3 or +8 or 10 would help track him. I sometimes have to leave on lower numbers. I leave food, probably too much but she will self feed. Does he self feed?

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

In my book, LC + a drizzle of gravy = MC. Barbara's point is a good one, as well. As long as Kitty will self-feed, you're good to go.

10. Kathy and Kitty

Did not have time to retest but I did feed MC. He liked it!

Barbara , he self feeds during night. During day, he waits to be served!! But I guess that means the Answer to yr qstn is yes.

Now I wonder about his dose. Shed full? Last time this happened , with lots of shaves, we ended up having to skip a shot.

11. Barbara and tuffy

I don't know what to say about shaving. I know tuffy responds to LC so I only used HC once. Perhaps if you get a few mid cycle numbers you will have a better idea of what he is doing. I think if he drops and you are not there he would probably feed himself. Why exert himself if he can get service but I can't guarantee that. The only time I missed shots was in Dec. when I traveled and I did not shoot in the event she did not eat and I had a hypo event on the road. Consequence, 36 hours without insulin and she presented with a AMPS of 78. Go figure. ECID. That is my HO You are doing well. Keep up the good work.

12. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Nice numbers for Ms. Kitty :mrgreen:

13. Kathy and Kitty

Re: 1/8 Kitty +6 54, PMPS 73

I sure wish he could go to 1.75.... I know, I'm crazy. 54 isn't below 50, and besides, he's a year since diagnosis as of the end of this month.

What happens if you take drops out before a full week of green? Rebound?

nailbite_smile

BTW: This 73 is after a teaspoon of HC gravy at +6, plus another teaspoon over LC food. He is not all that carb sensitive.

14. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Shhhhh.... Kitty doesn't even suspect the shave.. :D

I find with Pepper if I shave too quickly that he starts to stay in some lower flat blues.. (sounds like a song)..

Maybe we'll see that under 50 number this evening... Goooo Kitty!

15. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Well, I wouldn't call it rebound, I would say you might get some higher numbers if the decrease doesn't hold. Not rebound though, just a need for more juice. Then again if the reduced dose holds and gives good numbers.... then I'd call it .... good numbers. See how clever I am? LOL!
    You just have a better chance of the reduction holding if you wait until the week of green. It helps that pancreas heal a bit longer. You know, like an extra day of vacation and you feel more rested. :lol:

16. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

maybe next time you should try reducing by a whole 0.25 instead of by a drop, a la the protocol. That might slow his shed down just enough to keep the lower numbers away. IMO that's a good idea sometimes. I probably would wait until I got a below 50 or at least 7 days, just for good measure, but that's me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.