1/8 Scruffy OTJ Trail Day 14 am 97, pm 81 :)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Teela Brown, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teela Brown

Teela Brown Member

Yesterday's Thread

Jill & Alex:

"hi teela! you've already received some good advice on timing the feedings. why don't we hold off on the otj party for a few days to see how things work out with the timed feeder? i'd like to see if scruffy can pull those higher numbers down if fed at +8 or +9.
    what do you think?"

I think that is an excellent idea! Lets face it, we party today, and will still be uncertain and monitoring him closely. So we might as well hold off a few days. It has not really be a fair trial period with all the dental chaos and craziness!

And to top it all off - I think Scruffy has a cold! He keeps sneezing.

2. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 Scruffy OTJ Trail Day 14 am 97

Good morning Teela and Scruffy. I was thinking the same as Jill...it may be day 14, but holding off for a few days before the party sounds like an excellent idea.
    Scruffy is trying very hard to get to the falls, so I'm sure he'll get there in no time! Hope his cold goes away...I gave Spot some L-Lysine when he had the sneezers and it seemed to help him.
    Have a good day!

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Nice AMPS Scruffy...he must of met up with Luna overnite at the snack bowl :lol: same #! lol

This happened to us back in november when we were experimenting, tweaking the food snacks and time really helped us too.

I know Scruffy can do it - he's a good Scruffy kitty! cat_pet_icon

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, this is good...he is not going back on insulin (as Raja did after Day 13 of her first trial) and you are rearranging the food to work towards his advantage...isn't it amazing what a change in the timing does for their BGs?

You are doing a great job! :D When you have your OTJ party shortly....you will be feeling confident that his numbers are good and that HE is good, right? His well being is what really matters!! :mrgreen:

(When I told DH that Raja's party was called off and that she was going back on insulin for a little time, he was soooo upset..."But what about her party tomorrow?? :sad: " he said. I tried to explain that:
    #1. SHE didn't know she was having a party tomorrow so SHE wouldn['t care if it was postponed LOL,
    #2. I didn't have to cancel the caterers or anything :roll:
    #3. It wasn't a party that could not be postponed for a little while....LOLOLOL :lol:
    He finally understood that she need to be on a little insulin for a little longer...and THEN she would have her party!!!)

5. Teela Brown

Teela Brown Member

LOL caught him as he was licking his lips - had I tested him 10 mins later I know I would have caught another food spike.

I like this number! This weekend we will see for sure how this is all going.

I didnt tell him about the party but he seems to know something is missing!

6. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Sneaky!
    Glad you caught that number before the food spike..
    Pepper's ready to party!! Soon....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.