1/9 Latte AMPS- 251, PMPS- 228

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

yesterday
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1834

She either took another drop after +5 or was just making up for lack of food earlier in the day, since she left virtually crumbs in her kibble bowl. The AMPS, I assume are reflecting one or both of those scenarios. We will see how much/quickly it clears out.

She is having a wonderful a.m. Acting like she is taking a drop 20 min. after shot! Eating, walking around, yowling, drinking, playful, exploring, etc. As much as these swings have to hurt, it sure does bring a little bit of my old Latte back. She used to act this way 24/7. :dizcat flip_cat dancing_cat At the age of 12 I had enough with some of her antics and had to train her to sit quietly at my side in order to get skritches. I took many, many months....and lots of ear plugs. :lol:

As for me, I got the most consecutive sleep I think I have had in months...6hrs 20min! I remembered as i laid my head down last night that I never renewed my tabs! So today's adventure is hopefully finding a DMV to take my money before I get a ticket. Will try to work it around a +6 or so, to see what she has been up to this week.

2. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Re: 1/9 Latte AMPS- 251

Great news that she ate, is feeling good, and that you got some sleep!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/9 Latte AMPS- 251

So happy to hear that Latte is happy and acting that way! Hope you have a great day....

Hey...6hrs 20 minutes?????
    That must be so nice.... :roll:
    I think I remember getting 8 hours all together at some point in my life...
    but 6 hours and 20 minutes! :eek:

Was it wonderful?????

I am so jealous... :D really, really jealous..... :D

4. carolynandlatte

amps +2.75- 219, +4- 186 (Dosing Question)

this weekend I will get some mid cycle checks. Assuming she is staying as flat as she appears and continues to do so for the next week, would it make sense to raise her dose just a smidge if I wanted to see her just a tad lower (out of yellows)?

Its wierd having these slow drops in the a.m. At least with the big one's I knew she got the insulin in her. Now i keep questioning myself.

Not sure how much the kibble she just ate will affect any checks this afternoon. Stinker - she has wet food out! Im refusing to refill kibble bowl until later this evening. :lol:

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/9 Latte AMPS- 251 (Dosing question)

LOVE the WCR!!!!

IMHO, it makes sense to bump the dose a little if you want to see if the preshots will come down a little.

6. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/9 Latte AMPS- 251, +6- 176, +10- 284

Well, so much for flat! grumpy_cat
    Maybe she has some performance anxiety after me being gone during the day all week.
    Hope whatever it is clears before pmps or we will be seeing lots of pinkus in our future....and no slumber party with Shadow and Pat. angry(2)_cat

Since I wont be able to get any mid day checks next week, I should probably wait until next weekend to increase to the 1.75

Little concerned about her insulin after my roommate didnt make sure the fridge door was closed all the way while I was gone this afternoon.

7. carolynandlatte

+10- 284
    +11- 286
    pmps- 228

Refusing dinner. ETA....playing the opposite game and attempting a few licks now.

Guess nothing lasts forever.

8. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

She really dropped a bit by PMPS, eh? Not bad kiddo!
    Not too sure if
    Shadow will need that pajama party either..not until later on usually...but it was fun to think about having it...
    I really feel like a zombie the net day though...
    Hoe you two have a good night...

9. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great that you got some uninterrupted sleep -6 hours. Gee, I remember what that was like. Even though Latte has a string of yellows, it's a nice, flat yellow.

BTW, there was a +9 for Gabby. It was in the subject line of your post. You missed it!!

10. carolynandlatte

Re: 1/9 Latte AMPS- 251, PMPS- 228, +3- 274

Its so obvious this is from all the kibble she ate last night.

I thank all of you for not harping on me about this. I offer and encourage wet many times /day . There is always wet food sitting out for her. I rarely encourage the kibble. Only if she is not eating anything at all for an extended period of time. She is actually doing better and seems to have a few days on the crack and a few days off (or mostly off). Sometimes I would love to just take it all away. But I also know we often teeter on the edge as to whether or not she is going to eat enough each day. I truley think she would end up not getting enough food/nutrients.

Another obstacle to work around I guess. And more practice in not letting my mood be reflected by numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.