1/9 Max AMPS 386 +3 329, +5 394, PMPS 415

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Randi & Max (GA), Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Late Good Morning
    7th cycle 4.25

Set the alarm to do the routine and then went back to bed.
    The cold I had before Christmas is back again. I wish I had the license for the truck that hit me.

Here is Max's report today
    WCR: He seems to look a bit better today.
    He was waiting in the kitchen for his breakfast and when he saw his testing container, he went to his
    favourite chair to wait.

Then Max ws back in the kitchen waiting for breakfast and ate his 1/2 can of FF. Now he is still there but nt by the water. just on a kitchen chair. I am home mostly all day to see how his mood is.
    Yesterday's Condo:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1739

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/9 Max AMPS 386

Good morning!!
    Sounds more like a play-by -play!! lol!!
    Good WCR thou!!

Max seems to like those 386's - come down to yellow Max - sunny and refreshing!!
    Have a great day Randi!

3. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

It's nice that he is trying to stay in the pinks...as opposed to the other direction, KWIM?

Still, it would be nice to see some yellows creeping in once in a while... :smile:
    :thumbup about the neg ketones...always good to see that on a SS!!!

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Just did a +3 329
    Looks promising. Maybe we will see yellow at +6.

Nice very cold sunshine here in Montreal. I better go open all the house blinds.
    Maybe that yellow will soak into him.

Now that I'm home, should I switch around testing times to see different numbers?

5. Ronnie & Luna

I believe changing shot times is done in - whats that word... in-creements (spellcheck) lol increments.

See what others suggest!

6. Randi & Max (GA)

I think Rebecca should put spellcheck in here, lol.
    I am forever mistyping words that I don't always pick up and then feel like a goof.

I didn't mean shot times. I 'm pretty sure that should be done in 15 minute increments (lol) for each shot. I meant his BG testing during the day. Right now I do every 3 hours. Just wondering if I should switch it up.

7. Ronnie & Luna

ohhhh ok

if Max were my cat - and you know how much I would be testing :lol:
    but if Max were my cat, I would test +2 depending on the shot number...so let's say I get a yellow shot number, I test at +2, +3 cuz of onset and so forth.

Also, another thing I do sometimes, is alternate, so day cycle I'd get +3, +6, then for evening, +2 , +4 BUT it does depend on what shot number you get.
    And this is all if Max were my kitty. Which he's lucky he's not, or his ears would fall off (just kidding!!) :) Poly time!

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I hope Max is feeling better today. Definitely keep an eye on him. Urine outside the box always concerns me, if that isn't something the cat normally does. Great that ketones are negative, that is a relief.

9. Randi & Max (GA)

Good choices, if Max was your cat, lol.
    He actually took a paw to my hand this morning trying to push it off his ear.

Next time I will whisper to him that he better be careful cuz it looks like Ronnie might be in need of a cat to poke and she just might head down the 401 over to us. :mrgreen:

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Varying the test times, particularly on those days when you're home, can be helpful to fill in the overall picture.

Regarding spellcheck, if you use Firefox as your browser, it has that feature built in.

11. Randi & Max (GA)

Re: 1/9 Max AMPS 386 +3 329, +5 394

So much for looking promising.
    Again I am watching a reverse curve and I don't even know if that is a term.

Thought I would see some results at the 7th cycle and a full shed.
    Does not look to be the case.

I have no idea what Max is doing to me, although no urine on carpet and he seems to be looking better than yesterday.

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

according to the protocol, Max can have a dose increase. 7 cycles on this dose, a couple of yellow numbers but really he is always pink and red, so the protocol would have him increase to 4.75.

What do you think?

13. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Glad he seems to be feeling better today. Now, Max, stop going up! The idea is to come down, silly!

14. Randi & Max (GA)

I'm fine with increasing the dose. I just have a question since I have not been around on this board very long and do not have the experience that you do.

I know ECID but all I have done since I started Max on the Lantus is increase and increase.
    Maybe the Lantus is not working for him? He had everything checked out at the beginning of treatment. No infections, pancreas, kidneys and liver are all fine.
    He only eats "legal" pate FF, barely any fish flavours and pure snacks chicken treats at testing.

How high of a dose can I go up to? Have you seen other kitties like this? I'm concerned that I am not helping him in his FD.

15. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Randi, You are doing wonderfully. It is very common to have to go up in dose in order to reach a breakthrough. As far as the amount - that is different for each and every kitty. You can look at Lucy's spreadsheet as a good example, Pepper as another - there are many, many more too.

Here are the current and OTJ LL kitty spreadsheets - LL Kitties - If you look through them you can see that going up in dose until the breaking point is reached is quite normal. Just hang in there! Max will reach the right dose for him sometime too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.