1/9 Molly

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele&Molly, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

after all the variable changes (and there have been a lot) we are finally back to a true 12/12 schedule. As soon as we hit that schedule we saw a difference. I have a feeling, despite my 2:30am wake up last night, that she's going lower then i realize at times. Will continue to get spot checks.

I know one should not base insulin amounts on pre-shots and it goes against Tilly but i know Molly and here's what i'm finding,,,,if at pre-shot she's over 200 i should shoot 2.5u. If at pre-shot she's under 200, i should shoot btw 2.0 and 2.25u.

I have thought this for quite a while now but went against it as that is not protocol as per Tilly or Dr. H but i really do think it very well may be for Molly.

ECID right?

2. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

I agree not per Tilly, but Dr. H probably wouldn't mind. ;) But if you look at my spreadsheet which is finally up to date, we kind of do that too.

I found I can shoot a reduced dose on a low preshot and that way there isn't a bounce and things just smooth out. Also, when Bill shoots he usually gets a much bigger response with his technique so I have asked him to reduce the dose slightly when he is the 'shooter' and we aren't going to be around for spot checks during the day.

ETA - plus with these longer term diabetics like Molly and Tigger and Poppy, I think the rules change just a bit. :)

3. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Michele, I don't see any doses below 2.5u. Am I missing something?

I have long believed that Tilly is a great starting point, but if it doesn't work for YOUR cat, you need to find what does. I could not make Tilly work for Beau and I felt frustrated and like I was failing him because of all the reported successes with Tilly. However, when I found what was going on and started managing him with that in mind (he was rebounding from day one, well, maybe it was day three) he did very well.

So, by all means, do what works for your cat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.