1 April - Radar pmps 169 and off topic Bald Eagle nest watching

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan Radar (GA), Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

It's been maybe as long as six weeks since our last post and I thought I'd do an update...

In preparation for adjusting Radar's dose to a "safety" dose for his stay at the vet's office, I finally updated Radar's spreadsheet. With all that data and its icky colors in front of me, it seemed wise to take his dose way down to 2.5 units so I didn't have to worry about his safety while I was out of town.

While at the vet's office for 5 days, he didn't eat very well which is typical for him in that setting. He's been home now for a day and I'm happy to report that his eating has been very normal.

I have been surprised at the relatively good numbers I've been getting on this low safety dose. I've decided to keep his dose at the low safety dose for now and test like crazy so I can see what this dose is doing for him and adjust if necessary before I have to go back to school in a few days.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's good to see an update for Radar. I'm glad he's eating better now that he's home. You may need to go back up in dose once he gets back to eating normally for an extended period of time.

Happy Easter!

Jan Radar (GA) likes this.
  3. Jan Radar (GA)

So far my testing has suggested that Radar's dose may be close to correct... he's hanging out in the low yellows today. Maybe he'll dip into the blues tonight??

Radar is having a great time today watching the Bald Eagle pair at the nest in Decorah, Iowa. Every time the parents call to each other he gets excited and starts chattering at the screen and watching intently. I've been captivated today by the tiny eaglet that hatched this morning and which I keep hoping I can get another glimpse of... it's a great exercise in patience.

Here's the link in case you want to watch too: https://www.raptorresource.org/birdcams/decorah-eagles/

4. Jan Radar (GA)

Radar has continued to eat normally today. I just tested him prior to his dinner and evening shot and he's 169! He hasn't had a nice blue preshot in a long time so keeping his dose low seems to have been a good choice at least for the moment. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.