1 week update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Stacey LaMarca, Aug 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stacey LaMarca

Stacey LaMarca New Member

Well today we went to vet after 1 week on new diet and insulin.... his sugar went to 440 to today was 140.. NOT perfect but we are on the right track. It does get easier but... I did break down crying trying to get him Into his cat carrier because he was not trying to go. Breaks my heart I think he is sick of going to the vet... If he only understood that I'm trying to help him.

2. fatcat

fatcat Member

Hey Stacey, hang in there! I feel the same way, I was up so late yesterday checking his BG because I changed his food and his numbers were 450 the other day and today he started at 336. Then last night, he was at 225 before his night shot, and he went down to 152, so that was encouraging. I am dreading what his number will be tonight. I feel like I have no idea what I am doing. But it sounds like your kitty's numbers are heading in the right direction. I have to fight to get my cat into his carrier too, and we are just trying to do what we can to get them better. You are doing a good job and just make sure you get enough rest yourself. Any questions, just ask, or look at previous forums or threads. The stickys have good info in them too. :)

Jenna Josie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.