1 year OTJ

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Anitafrnhamer, Jul 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anitafrnhamer

Anitafrnhamer Member

Our second foray into remission has now lasted just over a year. Our first excursion was only 9 months and then a serious bout of pancreatitis put Squeaker back on insulin. He did experience a flare up of pancreatitis a couple of months ago. It began with explosive diarrhea and then he began vomiting; he had never had those symptoms before. It began late on a Sunday evening and I was afraid he would need insulin again but throughout this latest flair up his BG was actually running in the 60's (Relion Micro). I took him to the vet first thing the following morning and I think we caught it early enough to prevent a relapse.

Now however we are fighting the losing battle of CRF. We began sub-q at the end of January and so far so good. He is maintaining hydration and weight at this point but I know his days are numbered as he is in Stage 4 Renal Failure.

2. Brashworks

Brashworks Member

Hi Anita - not sure what to say. My heart goes out to you and Squeaker. Lovely that he was able to go OTJ - I'm so sorry you are having to go through this with CRF. Keeping positive thoughts for you both.

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Have you been to Feline CRF? There is tons of good CRF info there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.