? 10/03 AMPS 279 shot 2u, +9 141, +10 1/2 104, pmps 94; shot ONE UNIT ;) +3 85, +5.5 90

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Darcy and Jonesy, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darcy and Jonesy

Darcy and Jonesy Well-Known Member

Good morning!! I'm sneaking in this update and message from work while my manager is in the basement! Not sure if I'll be able to get the spreadsheet updated from this computer, but I wanted to get the boy's numbers at least posted in the forum!

Covert operation here! heehee ;)

Vyktors Mum likes this.
  2. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

Hope the new meter works out for you and you get to see some blues today :cool:

Good luck with the covert operation ;)

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease, Darcy!!

4. Darcy and Jonesy

Hi,

This morning was the increase from 0.10 up to 0.20. Lebowski has dropped from 279 down to 104 now, he's about 1 hr 15 minutes away from his next dose. I shot 0.20 this morning? I'm nervous about that dose again for his pm shot.

DO I GO BACK TO 0.10? 0.15????

Thanks!
    Darcy

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Can you monitor tonight? Do you have plenty of test strips and high carb food available?

6. Wendy&Neko

Just for reference - here is the link to yesterday's post. We like to include those links so people can follow back on what was recommended, in this case, the increase and meter change.

You can use the World Tab on the SS to enter values there. If you look at the bottom of the SS page when editing, there should be a World mmol/L tab. Click on that and enter the data there, and it'll automatically appear converted on the US tab.

7. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

That 104 is the sort of number you're aiming for and want to keep, lantus does a much better job of keeping kitties in normal numbers than it does dragging them down from high ones so getting the opportunity to shoot lower preshots is a great thing - provided you have HC wet and/or syrup, plenty of strips and can monitor. If the increase is a little much then Lebowski will go ahead and earn a reduction. Looking good :cool:

8. Chris & China (GA)

And PLEASE if you can, get a picture of the syringe lines you're looking at....As long as I've been here, I've never heard of syringes having "easy to read" lines between .1 and .25....matter of fact, I've never heard of syringes having .25 lines....Only .5

bettyandhank and Brashworks like this.
  9. Brashworks

Brashworks Member

I will second that, though I haven't been here very long. I struggled with getting a dose under .5 or anywhere in between the markings. If I line up 10 syringes not two of them are the same. Old eyeballs ain't helping either :rolleyes: :banghead: :arghh:

10. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Ok....First off, remember that human meter numbers read about 35% less than AT, so these are similar to numbers you had before. you just have to get used to them in 'Human' terms. These are very safe blues and the 104 is the high-ish end of normal. You WANT his numbers running between 50-120 and ultimately between 50-1o0 as much of the time as possible. These are the ranges where his pancreas can get some healing. The more time he can spend here the better. And little by little you work your way to shooting lower to stay lower. Vyktors Mum is right, Lantus is best at keeping low numbers low and steady...moreso than dragging them down from the heights.

And Chris said the other thing...which I mentioned in your other condo this morning..which is let's see a photo of your syringes just to be sure in fact what your doses are and we are on same page.

copying from this AM in the other thread

11. Chris & China (GA)

Until you can get those pictures....have you seen the pictures we have?

Here's .1unit .1 unit.jpg

And here's .25
    .25 unit dose.jpg

bettyandhank likes this.
  12. bettyandhank

Good thing to share- BUT i still want her to post hers to clarify what she's been shooting

13. Darcy and Jonesy

Thanks everyone. Sorry for the late reply. When I'd arrived home from work, my brother got here wanted to start trimming trees :( So I couldn't say no. But I'm going to go right now and take a photo of the syringe . . .

14. Darcy and Jonesy

15. Chris & China (GA)

OK....EACH hash mark is 1 WHOLE unit

The 5 you see on the syringe is 5 WHOLE units

You don't have half unit markings on those syringes at all

Did you give 2 WHOLE units this morning?....up to the 2nd "hash mark"?

16. Darcy and Jonesy

Yes Chris, I can't tell you how *&%^# embarassed I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just posted a new thread. I'm truly too stupid to own cats. I KNOW each mark is one unit. I DO KNOW THIS!!! I'm going to blame this on "mentalpause", like everything else.

Yes, he got two full units this morning (to answer your question before I started babbling)

17. Chris & China (GA)

In the top picture, where you have the arrow saying "To me this is 1 unit"....that IS 1 WHOLE unit

.5 would be half of that

.25 would be 1/4 of that

.1 would be 1/10 of that

bettyandhank likes this.
  18. Darcy and Jonesy

I know Chris, I know. I'm so stupid I can't speak, truly. He's been getting whole units, not 1/10th of a unit

19. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't think I'd shoot the 2 units tonight. A jump from 1 unit to 2 units is a lot. We usually increase in 0.25 or 0.5 units.

20. Wendy&Neko

OK - mystery solved. We learn and move forward. :bighug: To answer the question, that was too much of an increase. You want to go to 1.25U, maybe above t unit mark, with a little daylight showing. Getting syringes with .5U markings will help for future dosing.

Darcy and Jonesy likes this.
  21. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

22. Chris & China (GA)

We still love you @Darcy Kul !!!

Since this thread has most of the information, let's just stick to this one.

23. Chris & China (GA)

From the other thread:
    Darcy has just started using a human meter last night and then accidentally doubled the dose this morning

24. Wendy&Neko

Going to 1 unit for a bit will be fine (and easier to measure for now), and will help drain any excess depot from the accidental 2 unit dose.

25. Chris & China (GA)

No worries Darcy!! Lebowski is still here, and now we know for sure what's going on!! Makes some of the crazy numbers on his spreadsheet make a little more sense since you weren't giving what we thought you were!

Now we just move forward with the right info!!

26. Darcy and Jonesy

Food is being chowed down
    Chris, do you think I should stick to the 1 unit? (Should I delete the other thread? Sorry for THAT confusion! I'm just a fricking BUNDLE of intelligence today) heehee

27. Darcy and Jonesy

FYI, I accept that I will never be on the FDMB "short list" for people to give dosing advice to others! :rolleyes:

Brashworks likes this.
  28. Chris & China (GA)

Yeah...as @Wendy&Neko said above, 1 unit is fine for now and will let any extra from this morning's 2U dose drain off

He's had a lot of dose changes since you've been here...let's see how he does on a dose we know he's getting ;)

29. Darcy and Jonesy

One dose it is. The first line. No more, no less
    Thankyouthankyouthankyou . . . once again!

30. bettyandhank

OMG. So I walk away for a minute and look what I miss!! Darcy, do we know how far back you've been mixed up with the dose amounts? Is it just these last few days of the .10?.....or further back?

Always keep everything in one condo per day. It's so that things are not fragmented and are all in one place. Then you add previous day's condo link so anyone can come in and click back chronologically to see full picture.

We need to clarify how far back these dose amounts are skewed. And also it would be a good idea to get you some syringes with 1/2 U markings for when his dose comes down. The good news is his numbers have actually been really good...we just have to get clear on what amounts he was getting when, and what he is peaking on those given amounts. THEN we can better help you fine tune his dose.
    The other good thing....since you are just starting with a human meter anyway, this can just be like a reset. We just start again from here and move forward. Lebowski is totally fine....and you'll be fine too. Thank goodness you are here posting, and that we worry and ask lots of questions.
    :bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  31. bettyandhank

PS: so when you were giving 2U per your vet....was it truly 2u now that you realize where the marks are?

We're any of his doses since in fact more than 2U?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  32. bettyandhank

@Darcy Kul .. Not sure what time his shot was. I'd get a +2 if I were you. With all the confusion, potential depot action from this morning, and shooting low tonight, its probably a good idea to monitor and keep an eye on him.

33. Darcy and Jonesy

Hi Betty,
    Non-stop entertainment around here! Yes, the 2U from the vet WAS 2 units. No more. Will go do a +3 (and a bit) right now

34. Darcy and Jonesy

Hi Betty, I've gone through his little paper booklet that I'd been recording his numbers before I started the spreadsheet. Even alllll the way back to when he was first diagnosed, he's never received higher than 2 units

35. Chris & China (GA)

That's a very nice +3

Now surf Lebowski, SURF!!

Hope you have a good night Darcy!!

36. bettyandhank

Great cycle!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.