10/07 Nelli +6 95 + 8 132 PMPS 170 +2 167 + 5 151

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Beautiful Nelli :bighug:

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Looks like Luci and Nelli are hanging out in the same neighborhood this morning - hope those girls can find their way to the beach...maybe @Amanda and a Loudogg Lou or @Bellasmom Bella boy - who I see is already at the beach setting up the umbrellas and polishing the boards - will have some catinis ready for the gals...? @Olive & Paula - send Olive on over for some beach time fun, k?:cool:

Bellasmom likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I will try to get her there. But she is being stubborn yet again. I think she's cleaning the tree house.

5. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh Olive...I can't see your numbers this morning - ask your mama to update your SS? Hope you can come to the beach today - that tree house will keep for another day...Luci will do a touch up while she's there :) :) :)

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

7. Krystina & Nelli

Ok... we are on our way down :)... :D?! She probably hit her Nadir I will test again in 30 minutes to see.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Glad to see her coming down to low blues. :cool:

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

For people new to dealing with giving insulin, we advise not shooting lower blues and greens until they get more data and experience. You've been dealing with Nelli long enough now that you should be able to shoot a low blue or high green number as long as you are around to monitor.
    Sending prayers for the dental tomorrow.

10. Krystina & Nelli

Thank you and thank you :). I am very stressed (not usual for me) about tomorrow morning.
    Number one she is not going to understand why I am not feeding her breakfast and then an hour or so later loading her up for a road trip to only to arrive at Vet :-(
    I will be very anxious once there, but hide it as not to let Nelli know!
    She sees Dr. @ 9a for 30m and then leaves me to be sedated around 10.
    They told me she will be ready to go home within about three hours. Oh boy.
    I have another question that I wanted to address today for fear no one will be around to answer it tomorrow…
    Tonight I will give her PM shot and then based upon the +2 as (usual) normal will I potentially test her throughout the night?

-do I give her regular shot and feed her dinner tomorrow night?

11. carfurby (GA)

This is a little garbled. I'm not sure what you're asking.

That will depend on how she is after the dental. Some cats eat just fine and some don't really want to eat. Do you have any meat only baby food on hand in case she doesn't want to eat her regular food?

12. Krystina & Nelli

I will get some :). I can blend up her Rad Cat which makes it pretty baby food like consistency? Never thought about her mouth possibly being sore and not wanting to eat.

13. Krystina & Nelli

I edited... any less garbled o_O

14. carfurby (GA)

I would test as you normally do tonight if you give the normal dose. Is she supposed to not get fed after a certain time tonight?

15. Krystina & Nelli

They said “fasting?” I forgot If they specified no food after midnight? She will be sedated starting at 10 AM. I was going to feed her “lunch” at 11:30p when I do a +4 (if necessary)?
    Dang. Now, maybe they meant no food after dinner the night before when all I remember is the word fasting :-(

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  16. carfurby (GA)

Usually it's no food the night before. That makes monitoring difficult it the numbers drop because you can't feed. It's always been no food after midnight at my vet for a dental.

17. Krystina & Nelli

Oh good :bighug::cat:

18. carfurby (GA)

If you think Nelli might go low tonight, you can always skip the shot. I know you'll be skipping in the morning too, but it's better to be safe and have her be high for a little while. She'll get back on track.

19. carfurby (GA)

What I've done with Furball is given her normal does the night before and fed her normal dinner. Than around 10PM I've given her extra food and encouraged her to eat as much as she would. Then made sure she didn't have any food after midnight.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  20. carfurby (GA)

That may work. Until you test at PMPS, you won't have any idea what she's going to do tonight.

21. Krystina & Nelli

Hi ho hi ho it’s off to work (now!) I go!
    I will be back to check in later :)