10/08/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=127, +3=160, +4.5=136, +11=127

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Oct 8, 2018.

1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

10/07 +11=135

AMPS=150

Ate bfast in two sittings! Came to bed with me last night like normal and was up with me when I got up. Eating seems to be picking up.

Mixture this AM cycle is 50/50 duck and tuna base food.

Happy Monday (NOT) :p

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It sounds like Gizmo is feeling better. I hope he keeps eating today. :bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Goooooood Morning Texas!!
    Sounds like Giz is feeling good today! Nice number at 11+ ... early birds! :)

4. LizzieInTexas

He ate all his PM food except a few YA kibbles. About 60 grams wet and a tablespoon of YA. This morning his cycle is 69 grams (total). I try and give the biggest quantity (wet) at PS by a few grams just bc I am home to encourage eating. I waffled on giving Mirtz this morning and decided to see how he did with the PS bfast. I think I will hold off. If necessay (I sure hope not) I will run home at +4 and get him to eat if he hasn't on his own and give at that time.

He seems to be tolerating the fluids and giving them is getting easier but still takes hubby and I together to do it, it only takes about 5 min to get the 50mL in and he is done being messed with at about 40mL. We are going to 50mL 1x/day starting today just because our schedule doesn't allow to an AM dosing.

He had a nice poo overnight/this morning (yay). Moist, solid, well formed and good quantity.

Note of interest- his anemia is holding at good numbers based on the BW. Potassium was down a bit (fluids should help with that) and phos was up a bit (hoping fluids help with that but I have no idea if that is true/logical).

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wonderful news that Gizmo is doing well and eating well! Nothing makes this momma happier!

I didn't realize you are giving subq's daily now. ugh, just another thing to try and fit into the day. The BW sounds good. And I hope your logic of more fluids is a good one.

6. LizzieInTexas

BUN/Creat not good - big jump in a month. Hence the fluids. Waiting for Marje to chime in when she can about those numbers. Not sure why - I am hoping that the numbers were sku'd because he was dehydrated but vet didn't say anything about being dehydrated on physical exam.

He ate ALL of his +2.5 in record time and licked the bowl completely clean!! YAY! Woot! :woot::woot:

Bobbie And Bubba and Beth 73 like this.
  7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad he is feeling better and joining us at Bella's hut.

8. LizzieInTexas

Too funny not to share. He hasn't sat and waited on his food bowl to turn in ages.. Watch him jump - lol

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

He so patiently waits then it has the nerve to scare him.

10. LizzieInTexas

It made me LOL sitting at my desk. I think they already think I am a bit crazy - just proving them right. :D

Beth 73 likes this.
  11. Sue and Luci

He's a beauty! I have a feeder just like that - what's in his feeding tray?

12. LizzieInTexas

Food wise? Whole Earth Duck and Meow Mix Tuna & Shrimp. If you mean the bowls - they are ramekins that fit perfect and makes for easy clean up.

13. Sue and Luci

Yes, the container:) Nice!!! Mine is always a mess and I have to take the entire tray out to wash it all the time - I'm going to look for some of those little ramekins - would make my life a little easier :) Thank you for sharing that video! He's a beauty too...fluffy guy :) So cute...just want to reach out and fluff that fur :):bighug::bighug:

14. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Great day for Gizmo, vid is so funny but poor Gizmo getting shocked for being patient. Is his middle name Pavlov?

LizzieInTexas and Sue and Luci like this.
  15. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Gizmo knows what time that feeder will turn, one smart kitty!

LizzieInTexas and Sue and Luci like this.
  16. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

That is too funny! Isn't it amazing at how well trained they get for their food?

17. LizzieInTexas

They really do. And, so far, they are shallow enough that he eats from them. Make sure they are porcelain or glass, not plastic. Plastic can cause chin acne. Some kitties have issues with small eating spaces.

These are what I got
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZDN161/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let's hope it continues for a while. My heart could use a bit of stress relief. :D

Beth 73 and Bronx's dad (GA) like this.
  18. Sue and Luci

I think I might have some of those! Somewhere...just gotta look 'em up...haven't made anything in them in a long time - I used to make souffle's ...ha ha...that was a while back! Now I if I can put my finger on them - I'll put them into Luci's feeder - we'll see how she makes out with a dish in there instead of just the food plopped in...THANK YOU!!!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. LizzieInTexas

I line the compartment with a cocktail napkin and then put the ramekin on top of it. Let me see if I have a better close up.

well, not the greatest but you get the idea..

feeder.jpg

Sue and Luci likes this.
  20. LizzieInTexas

On time for his +4.5 and licked the bowl clean again!

Such a good bucky boy :cat:

21. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Great news! Hope Gizmo continues to feel better.:)

22. Sue and Luci

Very nice - napkin keeps it from slipping around. I did find my ramekins and they're a little too big to fit into the slot correctly ...I may pop over to HomeGoods - I always love a reason for going into that store :)

23. LizzieInTexas

Me too. And Kirklands.

Wish it didn't cost so much to ship - I bought 2 dozen and have never used more than 6. :banghead:

24. Sue and Luci

I hear ya! Shipping is outrageous these days - between the weight of the glass and the packaging - just not worth it. I can probably find them for a few dollars at HomeGoods...otherwise I'd offer to pay the freight...but I've shipped a few things this Summer - just not worth it...too expensive...

25. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=127

History:
    AMPS=150, +1.5=186

26. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Loved the video
    Nice numbers today! Glad he visited the tiki hut

Sue and Luci likes this.
  27. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Haha! Poor Gizmo! Scooter knows exactly when his is going to turn.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  28. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Here are the bowls I use, they are a tad large so I can't snap the feeder lid completely down. I guess some kitties would be able to get the lid open if it's not locked down. But these glass bowls came with lids which is nice when I need to prepare a few meals in advance for a sitter and leave them in the fridge. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BNFLU6S/ref=ask_ql_qh_dp_hza

Sue and Luci likes this.
  29. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Lizzie, your organizational skills are astounding :):bighug::bighug::bighug: The video made my day :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.