10/10 Jerry AMPS 163 +2 106 +3 86 +5 150 +7 137 PMPS 211 +2 190 +4 145

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jerry dutchboy, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

yesterday

Reduction of dose to .25 IU this morning after his low of 45 in yesterday's PM cycle. Why do these numbers always shock me, you'd think I'd be use to it by now. I must admit that I don't run around the house like a mad woman anymore but it still gets the adrenalin flowing....
    So far this morning he looks like he might have an active cycle and of course I won't be here to monitor. I'll leave out some LC food for him and I should be back around +6.

Hope everyone has a day of progress and that all the Kitties stay safe.:bighug:

I left our 5% friskies for him as I wasn't going to be around. He is carb sensitive and I wanted him to be safe. I think I overdid it! Live and learn.:)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Jerry surfs safely today. Congrats on the reducie. Those lower numbers still catch me off guard too after all these years.

Jerry dutchboy likes this.
  3. Jerry dutchboy

It's crazy isn't it, but they always seem to catch me by surprise.... I suppose it's something we'll never really get use to. Have a fabulous day Carla.

4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Wow! What a slide for Jerry this morning!!

Surf safely Jerry! No teasing the sharkies with diving!

Good luck with the new dose Dierdre! Have a great day :)

5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Diabetes is just one of those things - balance is always the goal and ideal. If and when you find a great balance, try to rinse and repeat, but know diabetes is a bear of a thing to pin down. Just the word hormone describes insulin and diabetes. Wobbly. Up and down and all around. Searching for balance.
    I thought Jerry was coming off a while ago. He's still looking for his balance first :):):)

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Howdy there!

I see Jerry also earned a reduction last night! You did great with him while I was gone so, as I told Debra, that should give you a confidence boost in your abilities.

My only suggestion going forward is if you are seeing mid to high blues and yellows and the nadir is high green, you’ll want to increase by 0.25u. I know that sounds a little nerve wracking but it did take getting him to 0.5u to have a little kick in the pants.

I hope the reduction will hold. Let’s see how he does but if he doesn’t keep seeing greens, you won’t want to sit on this dose.

I missed you all and my sweet, furry babies. If it hadn’t been for them, we’d have sold everything from afar and stayed in Scotland! :p

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Those lows...! I feel the same as you when I see them, even if Ti-Mousse gets LIME quite often... adrenalin flowing :woot:
    Now let's see what that new dose will do for Jerry !!

8. Jerry dutchboy

So So happy you're back. Welcome home. I missed you and your guidance a lot. I did my best but I should have gone directly from .25 to .50 but looking at his numbers it looked as if he just needed a little tweak... I was so wrong. Anyway, I reduced him today because he had two lows on the .50 IU. I didn't want to reduce too quickly.

How was your trip? obviously wonderful if you were thinking of selling everything and staying. I can sigh a big sigh of relief knowing that you are around again... ha ha.:bighug:

9. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice numbers today, good luck with doscrease

10. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Thank you! I missed everyone here. It was tough to make a break but we were often out in the boondocks with poor wifi and I promised DH :rolleyes:

Definitely, no criticism here of what you did. Just some thoughts for the future in case we do head out for Scotland for forever at the spur of the moment :woot::woot: JK. We aren’t moving :oops:

We had a great trip....really phenomenal. We really missed our babies but they were having alot of fun with the live in petsitter. Stinkers.