10/10 Tiny Sole: AMPS: 299, +4: 342, +6: 317, +10: 285, PMPS: 299, +3: 311

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Joanne&TinySole, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Everyone have a good day!
    XOXO, J.

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good Morning, Joanne!

Hope she can do something with this dose by the end of tonight's cycle. You are still following SLGS, right? If she hasn't hit a green by the end of tonight's cycle, I would take her up to 3.5. We have got to get her into some better numbers.

3. Joanne&TinySole

Yes, although I've also been following bad advice from our current Vet, but I'm discarding all that and moving forward only with information here.
    I'm interviewing a new Vet tomorrow evening. I know she won't have as much experience with Diabetes as the FDMB group, so I will use her for general cat care and Cookie's needs, and prescriptions, but will get more rigorous with feeding and testing and getting Tiny's numbers down.
    Her numbers will be coming down, trust me.
    I would like to try to keep her at 3.25 for a couple of more days until I can get my crap together and get her in a routine of nothing but moist food.
    I suck.

Thanks for looking out after me, @Bobbie And Bubba. I'm going to get her there; I promise. Lower numbers mean lower dosages of Lantus, correct?
    I'm going to get her there...

XOXO, J.

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Not necessarily, at least not until they get more regulated. Bubba was up to 5.25 units until he started racing down the doing ladder. Try not to get hung up on how high the dose is right now or in the near future. They need what they need when they need it and until you get to that break through dose, the numbers stay higher.

You have a lot going on and there is no doubt in my mind that you are doing your absolute best for your babies. The sooner you can get her unstuck from higher numbers the better. When they are left in those numbers too long their bodies develop some insulin resistance and it becomes harder to make them budge.

Your new vet sounds promising and I do exactly that, just use my vet for DX other things, RX, and BW and general routine checkups. I had to nicely say to my one vet in the practice that I wasn't there for FD advice, I was good on that. ( She was horrified at the lower numbers I was running Bubba in and said 'he should be off insulin blah, blah, blah,.....)

Hope Cookie's diarrhea is better!

5. Joanne&TinySole

I understand what you are saying and don't want any adverse effects. I wasn't thinking correctly when I mentioned the waiting. I have a conference all day out of town tomorrow and half a day on Friday. When do you recommend I start the increase to 3.50 U, Friday PM shot or Saturday AM shot? I'd prefer to be with her for the increase, and not blazingly tired, so...Saturday AM?

As for the new Vet...tomorrow night we are going to talk, no cats. I want to know how flexible the practice is. I have a lot of medical knowledge, but really none surrounding diabetes. I want her to know that I want a calm practitioner who will not just dictate, but who will listen and work in conjunction with us. Karen (Tiny's other mom) and I are type A++ personalities; get it done, get it done right, and get it done right and on time! That's just who we are. We have demanding jobs and a lot on our plates at work and at home, so I need the Vet practice to understand that they shouldn't mistake our kind, considerate, compassionate nature as shrinking violets, and that we will appreciate working in conjunction with like-minded individuals. I will also express the never yell at us or else idea, which is why we are leaving the other practice. Who yells at their customers? I also want to convey to her that I have a pretty good understanding of FD, so I'm not falling for that "feed kibble" nonsense again :banghead: - maybe I'll just nod my head if that suggestions comes up again! I don't know whether or not to give the new practice the link to Tiny's spreadsheet or not; we'll see if they can be trusted.

Just started Cookie on a topical thyroid medicine - it goes on her ears in rotation. Two pumps PM, one pump AM. It's got to be the thyroid that is causing her all the issues. I hope it's nothing worse. The Florastor is working, but needs to work more. We are stuck at two, or is it three days now, with some formed stool and some mud pies. This morning it was formed in the box and mud pies out of the box. That's an improvement, believe it or not! So my fingers and cat paws are crossed that Cookie will start showing some improvement in the next few days with an increase in her medicine and the continuance of Florastor. Now that we are seeing a slight improvement, we are thinking it wasn't the Young Again food, but her thyroid, and now we know.

Tomorrow I'll do my best, we'll do our best to get numbers as the day goes. Karen and I had a serious conversation this morning about making a solid commitment to Tiny. This is the new normal for now, and hopefully, things will improve. I hope to have Tiny Sole added to the OTJ list one day. :cat:

As always, my gratitude for the guidance and watching over us is immense. I believe Tiny's numbers will come down, and Cookies diarrhea will resolve! Not sure what I'd do without everyone who is standing by.

XOXO, Joanne + Tiny Sole ...and Cookie too! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Idjit's mom likes this.
  6. Bobbie And Bubba

As far as the increase, I would do it the first time you can monitor her without falling asleep with the lancet in your hand. LOL.

I hope the increase in thyroid meds gets Cookie out mud pie town. Your babies are so lucky to have two dedicated moms . :bighug:

Check out the link below. It is a compilation from members on how to interview your prospective new vet. Some good points and questions to ask.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/vet-interview-screening-topics-check-list.156663/

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  7. Joanne&TinySole

That is great! Thank you, as always! ...I just posted a new thread; can you take a look, please?

XOXO, J

PS: normal Cookie stools today!!! It's a good day, lemme tell you!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.