10/15 China AMPS 113,+4 69,+9 88, PMPS 100,+3 67,+7 101

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chris & China (GA), Oct 15, 2018.

1. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

10/12 condo

Slowly but surely, we're getting there again....although we've had to increase the insulin several times to do it:(

That's OK though.....after the scare she gave me after that dental, I'm not quite as obsessed with her numbers as long as she's feeling good and doing well.

Was a very cold weekend without any heat, but I did manage to borrow a space heater. It doesn't heat much, but if I stay in the bedroom with the door closed and pile 60lbs of cat on top, it's not too bad!!

Thinking about the kitties we've lost these last couple of days. Too many....just too many:(:(:(

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Chris, any news on any agencies or help with replacing the furnace? I sure hope so, it's too close to winter to be having these problems. I'm glad China is doing better, that makes you feel better too.

3. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I had to google the furnace thing. It's a ducted heating system.

I would hope that some type of help with this was available otherwise people would be freezing to their sheets over your winters.

Is this any help?

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers for China. I'm glad you were able to borrow a space heater. I hope you can figure something out soon. Just be careful your pipes don't freeze if it goes below freezing. You may need to drip your faucets.

Beth 73 likes this.
  5. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

horrible weekend here :(

6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Or you can buy heat tape for the pipes. I had to do that for the laundry room because it wasn't insulated (add-on).

7. Chris & China (GA)

The waiting list is long but I'm working on the application

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad to hear China is doing better. Hope you get what situation figured out. How about a heating blanket?

9. Chris & China (GA)

Yeah that's great stuff.....I used to live in a trailer and the pipes were freezing all the time. It was a pain getting too all the pipes under the trailer (spiders and such) but man did it make a huge difference!

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Chris, I hope that you will find a heating solution soon. Is kerosene an option? You might be able to use monitor heat. Get a heat monitor installed and hooked up to an outside tank. It's a simple installation, I believe. We have one in our "barn" (the former owner had a workshop there and heated a huge space with just one heat monitor). Here's a link to a website with good information: http://www.medfordfuel.com/monitorheaters/Monitor_Kerosene_Heater.htm.

The LagoonMeisterin is lookin' good!

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  11. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Glad China is doing well! I hope you find some heat soon. Yesterday we were a very humid 84. Today it stayed at 38 all day with rain and a north wind. Texas skipped fall again.

12. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member