10-15 Pretty Girl - AMPS 573 - PMPS 480

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JeanW, Oct 15, 2018.

1. JeanW

JeanW Member

My heart stopped.

She has eaten about 3 bites. Do I shoot a half dose? Unlikely she will eat more.

2. JeanW

JeanW Member

Thanks @Bobbie And Bubba for the getting them to eat ideas.

She didn’t like the baby food, the warm food, fortiflora or the buffet. I’ve tried rabbit, duck, turkey, chicken and sardine.

She usually loves deli turkey but won’t eat that today either.

ETA - half dose this morning due to eating 3 bites

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

How about trying Sheba?

Might possibly need a vet visit. She could be nauseous, when they are the don't eat anything.

JeanW likes this.
  4. JeanW

JeanW Member

I haven’t tried that but am going to the store after a bit and will get that and Nature’s Variety Instinct that she sometimes eats.

See above where I mentioned going to the vet today. Her and I have had so many bad vet experiences that I try to go only when absolutely necessary. This might be one of those times.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Hope all goes well with vettie visit:bighug::bighug:

JeanW likes this.
  6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Sorry don't see mention of vet. Maybe have them do a pancreatitis test. Hope they can pinpoint the problem.

7. JeanW

JeanW Member

Oops sorry. I realize now it was in a late reply to another thread. My apologies :bighug:

She’s eaten a few bites of turkey meat. But turned down the Sheba and the Nature’s Variety Instinct.

8. JeanW

JeanW Member

I made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon -first available - with an AAHA certified animal hospital in the city 3 hours away. They’ve been in business for 30 years and have a lot of great reviews. I hope it goes well. I know Pretty Girl hates it and I dread it too. But she needs to go so we are going.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  9. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you have to go so far, but I really hope this visit will provide some valuable and usable information.. Pretty Girl needs some help. Healing and positive energies heading your way.
    upload_2018-10-15_16-30-14.jpeg

Bobbie And Bubba and JeanW like this.
  10. JeanW

JeanW Member

Thank you :bighug:

11. JeanW

JeanW Member

Prettt Girl is doing somewhat better. She ate reasonably well tonight - the Nature’s Logic Rabbit food seems to agree with her. That was what she had 3 bites of this morning and a pretty good portion of the same thing tonight. It was enough to give her the whole current dose of 1.5. We are still going to the vet tomorrow as much as I don’t want to. So tempting to not go but they went to a lot of effort to work us in tomorrow - and I want them to be available the next time I need them.

Also Pretty Girl could do withe some fluids and that seems to be the best way to get them.

She’s doing lots and lots of grooming after the evening meal and that is also a very good sign. She looks a lot better.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  12. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Good luck today. What a hike for you and Pretty Girl! I hope you get some answers and help for her. Maybe that facility can refer you somewhere closer so you won't have to go so far.

Hopefully, they'll give you some meds for nausea and/ or appy stimulant.

Keep us posted.