? 10/17/18 Olive AMPS 161; +4=76; +4.5=73; +7.5=94; PMPS 250; +2=250; +4=150; +6=76. Need Advice

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday Cabergoline Day 12

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. Went to Red Lobster as I wanted seafood and it's the only place around here with it. Had the platter with lobster, scallops, shrimp scampi and breaded shrimp. It was wonderful. Of course their biscuits are to die for.

The Gab at 25 in AM and 12.5 in PM is working nicely. I started pumpkin again yesterday and this morning she had a big poop and already on the couch snoozing.

She was flat yellow yesterday, so will see what today brings.

I have a lunch and learn today on communicating with parents with Alzheimer's. Although dad doesn't have it he does have periods of confusion and dementia. Thought this might help me not get so upset.

Hugs and prayers to everyone.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Late Birthday! Nice update for Olive. I hope the lunch and learn helps things with your dad.

3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice start for Olive today! Happy to hear the Gab is helping!

4. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Happy belated birthday!

I'm so glad the meds are working for Olive!

I will pray for you and your dad. I have so many friends dealing with parents with Alzheimers, and it sounds so tough. I really hope this lunch helps you to cope as you help him navigate through this.

One of my friends has her mom on a series of natural therapies that she really feels is helping. She tells me about her mom being able to remember who she had lunch with or activities she participates in, where she could not do those things two years ago. I will try to get some links for you to review.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Olive & Paula likes this.
  5. Olive & Paula

+4 20% w/strip given. Really I have to leave, dh will be home by doesn't test Rrrrrr!!!!!

6. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Belated Birthday!

She looks like she is having a good day.

Hope the information helps you with your dad.

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

WOW! Look!! Olive is pickled!! Be safe Olive - Luci and Olive are in the lagoon - doing a bit of surfing - careful girls!!! Let's see if any of our other furry friends are surfing today?? Anyone hanging at @Bellasmom - Bella's tiki hut today?

8. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Happy late birthday, the meal at Red Lobster sounds heavenly! The lunch and learn sounds like a good thing, I hope it helps with you and your Dad.

9. Judy and Boomer

Oh Olive! Cats do have the worst timing!

10. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, why is the timing always so bad? I really hope the seminar provides some insight
    I went through vascular dementia with my mother, and it is very difficult - so lots of good thoughts to you and your dad

11. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Happy belated birthday Paula, sorry I'm late
    Glad u had some nice food

12. Rosie & Bailey

So true! Stay safe Olive!

13. Olive & Paula

So here is what happened. I instructed DH to give 20% with few drops of maple syrup every 1/2 hour until I got home. Maybe it was overkill but I wasn't taking the chance. He did as instructed. So I get home and he told me this, after he fed her with syrup at +5 (I left +4.5) he went to sit in lazy boy chair with feet up. Olive went to jump up as she always does but according to DH she was wobbly and not sure where to put her feet or know what to do, he referred to her as drunken sailor on leave. He immediately gave her maple syrup and more 20% food and then fed PJ and he let Olive finish PJ food when she finished which was ok. Olive never had problems getting on the chair before. I asked what she was like jumping off chair when he went to get her food and he said she did ok didn't seem to have a problem. Since I didn't see this or could not test I don't know if it was symptoms of hypo or not.

Question: do I drop dose by 1 unit or more tonight or do I hold it and see if it happens again? I guess the cabergoline is working. Yeah!!!!!!!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  14. Judy and Boomer

If your DH had already fed her high carb with syrup before this happened, I wouldn't think it was a symptom of a hypo or she would have been showing symptoms before her +5.
    Who did the +4.5 test? If she was 76 at +4 and 73 at +4.5, I doubt that she would be hypo at +5.

15. Olive & Paula

I did the tests. DH does not test.

16. Judy and Boomer

I guess I was wondering whether the +4.5 was actually +4.5 because you said you left at +4.

17. Olive & Paula

My mistake, I fixed it.

18. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

When cabergoline kicks in, cautious is your job one. Reduce if you are worried. You can always go back up if needed. When Marvin started screaming down the dose ladder because of cabergoline, "go back up if needed" never happened. I don't think you need it tonight, but never be afraid to BCS or skip for safety and draining the depot. One more thing, I started a reduction point below 70 when Neko was zooming down dose. Gave me a little margin. I went back to 50 when the reductions came further apart.

Respect the larger depot. Keep it in mind if ever you have to be away for the day or need your sleep.

Note for any lurkers, theses suggestions are strictly for Olive and Paula. Olive has a high dose condition that is being treated medically. Reactions to the drug can be unpredictable.

Test for Marvin likes this.
  19. Olive & Paula

Thanks @Wendy&Neko . Next week I'm thinking vaca shots for when we will gone pretty close to 12 hrs. No shot morning of, half doses few cycle before.

Never thought of changing reducie number. I will think on that. I pretty much use 60 now.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  20. Olive & Paula

Wow the price of relion confirm/Micro strips have doubled. And in ebay most sellers want shipping too.

At these prices the AT is cheaper.

So what's the next go to meter? I'm going to run out of strips.

21. Rosie & Bailey

Are they double on the Walmart website? Just checked Relion Prime. Those are still the same.

22. Olive & Paula

Yes. They are discontinuing the micro/confirm. The Prime is a bigger blood drop. I can't always get the larger drop.

23. Rosie & Bailey

That stinks. I hope you find a cheaper solution

24. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

25. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You can buy the strips for the Glucocard01 Sensor at ADW.....it's the exact same meter as the Confirm