10/17 Billie AMPS 600 +5 301 still at hospital

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deanna & Billie, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-amps-287-pmbg-109-at-er.204917/#post-2272162

Hi all,

Billie is still at the hospital for the night, but she is showing more gradual improvement.

Her kidney values came down some more today. Her BUN is now 102, down from 128 yesterday and 176 Monday. Her creatinine is 4, down from 5.1 yesterday and 5.9 Monday. That's definitely good news. Her heart is still holding steady.

She's still not eating, though. I'm going to visit and syringe feed her tonight. The staff tried, but she was fighting with them and it didn't go well.

I think our plan at the moment is for her to come home tomorrow. The hope is that her kidney values will come down even more with another night on fluids. Hopefully, she'll be hydrated and stable, and maybe she'll be more likely to eat at home. I also don't want her to stay in the hospital for days on end. I don't think it would be wrong, but it doesn't feel right. Her IM said that there's no right or wrong course of action, so I'm kind of going with my gut.

I'm going to visit her again soon. I'll let you know how she's doing! Thank you again, so much, for the vines, prayers, and support.

2. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

:bighug:

Ty's vet once told me that a cat can get hospitalitis if they stay too long. A kind of lethargy.
    They don't know why they are not home so coming back to the familiar perks them up .
    That's what I found with Ty anyway.

Deanna & Billie likes this.
  3. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Deanna I’m glad to hear Billie can come home :bighug: And that she is gradually but certainly improving . Home will be the best medicine ❤️ Sending prayers for full recovery ❤️

Deanna & Billie likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Billie keeps improving. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Deanna & Billie and Beth 73 like this.
  5. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

Thank you :bighug::bighug::bighug: I just got back from visiting her. I was able to syringe half a jar of baby food, and the vet techs will try more later. She seemed comfortable but sleepy. She curled up in a little ball after she ate. She's not meatloafing, so that's good. They said she has been drinking water at least.

I definitely feel like bringing her home tomorrow is the right thing to do. I hope her kidney values come down even more and her nausea goes away with another night of treatment. And I hope her little heart keeps hanging in there while she is getting fluids.

Beth 73 and Amy&TrixieCat like this.
  6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member