10/17 Luci AMPS 245,2+130,2.5+91,3+60,3.5+50,4+56,5+87,7+168.PMPS 347,2+167,3+168,4+165

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Yesterday - Lagoon + shark chasing = Reducie!

Well, the ole shark chaser finally got what she's been itching for - a reducie. I hope this one sticks - since none of the other reducies have ever stuck.

I don't get this girl at all...her numbers are generally too high...and then she does the old deep dive and loses her dose - I'm not seeing these reductions as the positive thing they're supposed to be. :( She seems to need a bit more insulin - however, this time I could be wrong - and maybe this is the way she's going to get down the ladder to remission - but I don't care much for her style - I wish she'd just go on with it already and stay down in the low blues and some medium greens - but that's not her. She likes to jerk my chain and bang my head against the wall with her highs and lows:banghead:...now if I can just keep her off the ceiling (out of the pinks, reds) while she does what she needs to do to get this thing done...ha
    :rolleyes:
    (who am I kidding anyway?)

Happy Hump Day everyone here in L&L Land. Let's all think positive today! Maybe today is 'the day' ??? May the sun shine where you're at. Sending vines and prayers to those in need. Hugs to all.

MyTitan (GA) and JoyBee&Ravan like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Luci is just a bouncy kitty. I think overall her numbers are getting better. Scrolling down her SS I see less pink overall. Some cats bounce all the way to remission. Hopefully she holds the reduction this time. :bighug:

3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Sun is shining here at least until this afternoon.

As far as Luci goes, well it's just one of her many quirks. Hang tough and demand she cooperates. Who am I kidding, that won't happen.

4. Sue and Luci

Yep, you got that one right...Luci doesn't cooperate with anything... she's decided she wants to go surfing today - and is going awfully fast - I do not approve - been trying to slow her down all morning - she's having none of it. Seems to have her own mind about things - I finally put some Karo syrup on her paw - which she promptly licked off...let's see if she gets a little lift on the next test - 30 minutes from now...crazy cat!

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  5. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

When Luci goes down that fast, I think it's better to start with HC instead of MC. Try that next time and see what happens.

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  6. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I'm surprised to hear that! I've been waiting for Ravan to stop bouncing so "Maybe" he could go into remission.
    How can they go into remission if they are still going to pink & red? (bouncing)

7. Sue and Luci

I've tried that before and scared her right out of the lagoon...if she doesn't come up on the next test I'll have to resort to some HC - her fav is tuna with cheddar and gravy...oh yum .... :confused:

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  8. JoyBee&Ravan

I was up all night trying to keep Ravan's bg up I don't want to reduce again yet. He was high bg on the .75 now he's dropping too low on the 1 unit?

Him & Lucy are playing games! Cut it out guys!! Give us a break :p

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  9. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Easy Luci, sharks are a bit testy this tyme of year.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Sue and Luci

Yes, I see that! At least you were able to hold Ravan in the high greens - those are good looking numbers - unfortunately all nighters are no fun! What were you feeding him to keep him away of the sharks?

11. JoyBee&Ravan

Spoon of med carb FF each time I tested,& later in the nite some raw beef He ate all the food i gave him & would have had more but I didn't want him going too high. I suspect he'll still bounce from all the green!
    I just hate to see those red & Black #'s!
    ( what is considered Med carb. ? I 've been using 11% to 15% I thought High carb is over 15% Is that correct?)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  12. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Wow:eek: miss luci

13. Sue and Luci

That sounds about right to me...I usually think of single digits as low carb; double digits as high carb and anything in the higher numbers - for me it's 18-21 as high carb...I'll look around to see if I can see where that's written out.

Maybe put that info on your SS so I could see next time? I try to put it on mine every time I have to feed her other than LC...we're struggling here with Luci...just going to be a long long road for us I think.

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think right before they go into remission the numbers settle down.

15. Sue and Luci

Oh boy...kinda like Christmas Day, huh? Only right before..oh boy..the anticipation! :)

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  16. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Maybe Ravan will play games with you like Bailey plays with me.
    .5 too high
    .35 too high
    .25 too low

Maybe Ravan wants you to try .85 or .90?

JoyBee&Ravan likes this.
  17. JoyBee&Ravan

I'd need to buy the calipers & magnifier to read it & at this point I can't stand the stress or the expense. I'm doing the best i can with why i have !
    My other 2 cats have medical problems also. :(

18. JoyBee&Ravan

I always enter it but some weird thing going on with the SS Sometimes it's gone in a few hours & I need to reenter the info.
    I reported it but was told so far they don't know what's going on with it disappearing? o_O

19. Rosie & Bailey

Wow, that would frustrating. Hope it gets figured out soon.

Yeah, I totally get it. I can't imagine how hard it must be to have three cats with medical problems. I can barely handle my one cat.
    I bought the calipers, but they don't seem to be helping to be honest because now it's just two things I still can't see.
    For now, I am eyeballing with a magnifying glass and hoping I am coming close. When I have time, I will experiment with counting drops to see if that would work better.

20. Sue and Luci

Did you see Luci's bounce tonight? Sheesh :(

21. Sue and Luci

Bailey's looking good this afternoon :) Yeah look at those greens!!!

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  22. Rosie & Bailey

Thanks! She'd better slow down before PMPS. I don't want to stall, or skip, or anything. I've asked nicely, though, because I know better than to make demands. She's the boss.

That was some bounce there Luci! Bailey better not copy that. Again, asking nicely.:rolleyes:

23. Sue and Luci

Luci is a bouncer - I think she's got a trampoline tucked under that fur coat...crazy cat...she seems to like it high-high and low-low and goes tearing in either direction like her tail is on fire...:banghead:

Krystina & Nelli likes this.