10/17 Nelli +11 154 PMPS 175 +2.5 128 +4 99

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Good morning Krystina! Are you going to be okay shooting at 6:10 pm tonight? I hope you've found a new time that'll work better for you both - seems that getting that 12 hour timing thing has been a challenge for you.

Have a wonderful day! I hope Nelli behaves herself and shows up when you call her for testing :)

3. Krystina & Nelli

This is a perfect time for us!
    We like to get up early. EST is coming (yeah!). The PM 2+ is easy along with a squeezing out a +4 before ni ni.
    This will not be a challenge. Nelli and I will both feel much better and Krystina will be happier!
    You too, I hope the day goes your way… You don’t want to know the temperature down here-going to be another warm day, way too warm for me. I am so over this heat and humidity! Soon, unless a great ball of fire comes out of our global warming atmosphere, cool weather is in sight :)

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you found a time that works for you and Nelli. I hope Nelli slides down for you today.

ETA: Don't forget to put NS in your SS to show you didn't shoot last night. You may want to make a note as to why you didn't shoot so people looking at the SS will know.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  5. Krystina & Nelli

Oops, thanks for the NS reminder :)- no doubt a Freudian slip unconsciously so because I was so disgusted with myself… But that is behind me and today is going to be a great day :). I get so confused with the depot and (NS) as what to expect with Nelli‘s numbers. I just go with whatever comes about regarding her numbers and also keep an eye on number of cycles we go with each dose. I too hope you have a great day and that Furball comes down, too

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

7. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I 'forgot' to give BFG his insulin shot one night, only realised when I found full syringe on counter next morning.:oops: it happens.

Did you decide on the snacks? to help avoid the acid tummy?

I was writing the following on my tablet last night in bed and i run out of juice.

Just something to ponder with regards to feeding.

It's a great idea to feed regular snacks, I do every 3hours with George to prevent problems with acid tummy, he just gets his regular food spread out, but he is in remission now, so I don't have to worry about feeding late in the insulin cycle.

Feeding late in the Lantus cycle can affect duration, causing the ps numbers to rise, it's preferable to avoid this if you can.
    What many folk who have had kitties with acid tummy trouble have done/do is to feed a very low/ zero carb snack at +9 something like a few small pieces of poached chicken breast, it shouldn't affect BG or duration, and should help with the acid tummy trouble.

8. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Gill :)
    I have been giving her snacks but one is a little fiber kibble which I don’t feel real comfortable giving her more than six of those a day, also this other paste in a tube- she absolutely loves both of these treats. Poached chicken, yes! Great idea makes me feel much better giving something I have control over-
    I believe that I was feeding her a batch of bad Rad Cat! I will determine that after a few days with her off of it and how she reacts to the canned. She had Weruva Mack and Jack this morning, gobbled it up and had maybe 30 second mouth drama... with the Rad Cat it would go on intermittently for a full 3 to 5 minutes :-(.
    I am going to try the Food Fur Life powder and purchase the meat. There are plenty of farms in FL to purchase from :) http://www.eatwild.com/products/florida.html I really do not want to take her away from a raw diet and this seems to be the best option.
    Thanks again for your post.

Gill & George likes this.
  9. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

So glad you found a time that works for you! Hope she starts to give you some nice numbers now :cool:

10. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

We've all forgot :bighug::bighug:

11. Krystina & Nelli

You are a very special person, Gill. Enough said :).

Gill & George likes this.
  12. Krystina & Nelli

I hesitate to feed her any MC food right now. She is surfing down slowly although her Nadir is usually somewhere around a +5. She just ate the rest of her breakfast, 2 to 3 tablespoons Rad Cat zero carb. What would you do?!